Dolphins hire Dave DeGuglielmo as OL coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire Dave DeGuglielmo as OL coach

It's my understanding that he hasn't had much success as an OL coach, but on the flip side, he also probably isn't going to be doing 8-balls or cranking his hog in his office before team meetings.

Welcome back, Coach.

Hmmm!!!..Whatever...What's old is new...

Probably not a lot of unemployed guys out there that are world beaters.

It was completely unrealistic to expect for Chris Kuper who was a year out from an introductory internship to be able to truly take the reigns.
We absolutely had to hire someone.

It's my understanding that he hasn't had much success as an OL coach, but on the flip side, he also probably isn't going to be doing 8-balls or cranking his hog in his office before team meetings.

Welcome back, Coach.
lmao

Ozzy rules!!

Dude was dreadful with the patriots they basically blamed him for all their issues the year Denver met at the qb the entire afc champ game.
Can't blame him for the fact nobody could block Miller thought

Ozzy rules!!

I think attrition played into his patriots results that last year but that didn't stop them from blaming him. And I'm sure belichick was a part of that

Dude was dreadful with the patriots they basically blamed him for all their issues the year Denver met at the qb the entire afc champ game.

Yup. Patriots OL was a mess when he was there. But as others have said, well, who else is available?

With 100% complete sincerity, we should have kept Jim Turner. Our OL was actually competent in 2012 for the most part before they saddled him with that 2013 disaster unit of McKinney's corpse, Dallas Thomas, Tyson Clabo, etc.

Apparently he's not a good cook.

DeGuglielmo, known as Guge, has a history with a power-running offense from his time with the Giants, Dolphins, and Jets.

We often talk about how Bill Belichick "likes to buy the groceries" when it comes to adding players to the roster that fit his schemes and strategies, and the same applies to the offensive line. Scarnecchia has been helping buy the ingredients, but Guge the Chef didn't know how to cook with them.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2016/5/1...-patriots-ol-coach-dante-scarnecchia-and-dave

Has history w/ Tannenbaum too

Now, he’s in the Super Bowl.

DeGuglielmo was an interesting figure in the tumultuous 2012 Jets season that featured Tim Tebow, a 6-10 finish and plenty of drama. DeGuglielmo fought with the media in a few memorable press conferences, drew former general manager Mike Tannenbaum’s ire when he said the front office was forcing him to play Vlad Ducasse. All of it led to a short stay with the Jets.

“Every experience is a little different,” he said this week. “I enjoyed my time in Florham Park. The people there were good people. Rex [Ryan] is a good guy to work for. [Owner Woody] Johnson’s a good man. Believe it or not, I had a pretty pleasant experience besides the fact that you guys didn’t like me.”
http://nypost.com/2015/02/01/once-prickly-jets-coach-getting-last-laugh-with-patriots/

Miami Dolphins
Position:
Offensive line coach
Personal information
Date of birth:
July 15, 1968 (age 49)
Place of birth: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Career information
High school:
Lexington (MA)
College: Boston University
Career history