Dolphins Hope to Get ‘Upper Hand’ on Anthony Deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hope to Get ‘Upper Hand’ on Anthony Deal

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
57f6cce55c479.image.jpg

“This has been going on for a while,’’ Gase said, per Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel. “It was bound to happen. We’re excited we had an opportunity to add someone to our roster that we feel can help us.”
So, the question remains: Why would the Saints, a historically bad defensive football team, be willing to part ways with a talented young linebacker like Anthony?
Sure, the Saints acquired a fifth-round pick from the Dolphins in the deal, but why would they dump Anthony—who Pro Football Focus ranked No. 17 against the run in 2015—so fast?
https://phinphanatic.com/2017/09/20/gase-dolphins-hope-get-upper-hand-anthony-deal/

I'm not ready to write off a physically gifted player after only 2 yrs in the NFL, the 1st of which was a success.
There once was an athletically gifted LB from PSU named Derek Wake. He was cut by the Giants and became a star in the CFL.
When he was given another shot in the NFL he started being referred by his middle name, Cameron.
There was another guy named Evan Mathis who played OG, was drafted in the 3rd round by Caroline and cut and then was cut by the phins in TC and then went on to become a perennial pro bowler.

Looking forward to more athleticism from our LB. I can’t take much more of Mike Hull trying to cover a rb out the backfield.
that's the key. Forte is going to have a heck of a game if Hull is covering him

Should be easy, a guy who makes the team is getting the upper hand for a 5th. We've had some luck in that round sure but that's a specials round all the way.

I stumbled on a tweet during the preseason that two AFC teams had inquired about Anthony. Didn't find it important then; would be impossible to find now.

I also don't think the Anything trade had anything to do with Timmons. I think the vision at LB this season is Alonso/Anthony/Timmons. He was brought in as McMillan's replacement, IMO. He's a middle linebacker all the way.

Forte is a little washed up for sure

I stumbled on a tweet during the preseason that two AFC teams had inquired about Anthony. Didn't find it important then; would be impossible to find now.

I also don't think the Anything trade had anything to do with Timmons. I think the vision at LB this season is Alonso/Anthony/Timmons. He was brought in as McMillan's replacement, IMO. He's a middle linebacker all the way.

I agree, I think Fat Rey's days are numbered here. He may be the guy we release when Timmons is welcomed back.

Back
Top Bottom