Dolphins huddle with big-armed passer who could intrigue in Round 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins huddle with big-armed passer who could intrigue in Round 2

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
“It’s always a bummer when you can’t compete, but I’ll be fine for the Combine,” said Mason Rudolph, who limped around the convention center Tuesday in a walking boot. “Healthy, compete there, throwing, do everything I can to showcase my abilities.”

Rudolph listed the Dolphins among the teams who booked an interview during his short time in town.

And while he might be a stretch at 11, Rudolph certainly should be a consideration for Miami in Round 2, assuming he lasts that long.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article196608089.html

“It’s always a bummer when you can’t compete, but I’ll be fine for the Combine,” said Mason Rudolph, who limped around the convention center Tuesday in a walking boot. “Healthy, compete there, throwing, do everything I can to showcase my abilities.”

Rudolph listed the Dolphins among the teams who booked an interview during his short time in town.

And while he might be a stretch at 11, Rudolph certainly should be a consideration for Miami in Round 2, assuming he lasts that long.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article196608089.html
it could be an intriguing possibility for sure. I am still hoping for Luke Falk in round 3 or 4 if he lasts that long.

How is his accuracy? Accuracy and decision making are by far the two most important traits in a QB (assuming his personality checks out). I hate the analysis of "big arm and the guy just flat out wins." More often than not that argument for a guy never works out well.

I'd much rather Tanner Lee, Riley Ferguson and Chase Litton, in that order. Even White, would be better so long as he isn't picked where they reported him yesterday. He's more of a 6th rounder to me.

Played in a gimmick offense with guys wide open. They bunch a segment of the field with layered targets. He was never asked to throw into tight windows or go through progressions or take snaps from under center and take drop backs. Big no-no.

I'd much rather Tanner Lee, Riley Ferguson and Chase Litton, in that order. Even White, would be better so long as he isn't picked where they reported him yesterday. He's more of a 6th rounder to me.
Miami front office is scare face real problem. When it come to qb... They don't need look for backup QB. They need give thill17 competition. Player doesn't have beat thill17 out of starting job. But keep thill17.on his games. At leased find qb that can win games like mat Moore or high ceilings than Moore.

Last edited:
Miami front office is scare face real problem. When it come to qb... They don't need look for backup QB. They need give thill17 competition. Player doesn't have beat thill17 out of starting job. But keep thill17.on his games. At leased find qb that can win games like mat Moore or high ceilings than Moore.
This may ultimately be the plan. It would make sense.

I prefer White among that group or any of the late round quarterbacks. I remember watching him from the stands when the Canes played at South Florida several years ago. White was a true freshman on a hopeless team. But as soon as he entered the game there was a buzz from nearby Bulls fans. They were telling me he was the only bright spot on the roster. Of course, that turned out not to be true. Taggart got the thing turned around fairly quickly once he changed the offense. But I always remember early glimpses of excellence and anticipation. Western Kentucky lost plenty of top offensive guys from the 2016 team but if you go back to that season with the 10.5 YPA it's difficult to dismiss White's chances.

I watched every single game Mike White played as a Bull. And I was in position to know that the "buzz" around him from Bulls fans was the typical buzz you hear from fans about any backup that you simply HOPE is going to present you something different than the absolutely atrocious crap you're seeing in front of you. There have been many to don the green and gold here, that were given the benefit of the doubt afforded by hope that springs eternal, that haven't ended up worth a damn. To his credit, Mike White was better than what we had going. He was better than Bobby Eveld. That...should not by any means be assumed to be a compliment.

Mike White took over for a record-setting quarterback in Brandon Doughty, who became ultra productive throwing to an NFL talent like Taywan Taylor, with an extremely well regarded 'genius' type running the offense (Jeff Brohm). White produced almost as well as Doughty did, won almost as much as Doughty did. Then Brohm and Taylor left, White became a lot less interesting from a production standpoint, led a spread offense that scored 25 points per game in the Conference USA (not good for that level of competition, nor for a spread offense), and went 6-7 this year.

Doughty has struggled mightily in the NFL, despite my initial optimism. I'm not sure why anyone should be any more optimistic about White.

White at least does have a better arm and size than Doughty.

I've seen this argument many times over but do you really think Ryan Tannehill needs someone breathing down his back to work harder or play better? By all accounts Ryan is one of the hardest workers on the team. I just don't thin he's the type of guy who gets complacent because there's no real threat behind him. Now if you wanted to upgrade the position and think someone else would be better or are afraid he'll get hurt then fine... But I'm not buying this talk of him needing a push.

I've seen this argument many times over but do you really think Ryan Tannehill needs someone breathing down his back to work harder or play better? By all accounts Ryan is one of the hardest workers on the team. I just don't thin he's the type of guy who gets complacent because there's no real threat behind him. Now if you wanted to upgrade the position and think someone else would be better or are afraid he'll get hurt then fine... But I'm not buying this talk of him needing a push.

Not sure what a true competition would bring out in Tannehill. I do know he's responded really well every time he's been called out by a coach in public. Philbin didn't give Ryan a stating guarantee, and he went to London and tore it up, Campbell and Lazor called him out, he responded with one of his strongest games. I think Gase can figure out how to push those buttons. I would still hope to see a rookie brought in that is a realistic future starter.

Not sure what a true competition would bring out in Tannehill. I do know he's responded really well every time he's been called out by a coach in public. Philbin didn't give Ryan a stating guarantee, and he went to London and tore it up, Campbell and Lazor called him out, he responded with one of his strongest games. I think Gase can figure out how to push those buttons. I would still hope to see a rookie brought in that is a realistic future starter.
I hear you... I agree with what you're saying. I really don't foresee a ace Erik where Ryan has legit competition though. Not this year at least... Gase is all in on Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom