Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Ross is balking like crazy about the bye week.

I'm sure gase knows the impact. Of course whatever is decided they gonna put a bow on it to the media

Perhaps it will take a drastic turn and land on Gillette stadium, drowning Kraft, Brady and Belicheck.

And Gronkowski would be seen floating in the resultant floodwaters cluelessly playing with a rubber ducky.

Miamis out at this point they either move it or we take it in the tails in terms of preparation travel and rest on a brutal 3 game stretch with no bye week.

And just cause some want it moved doesn't mean we want all you south Floridians to perish in a biblical like storm.

We know bro. No worries.

Ive lived in Florida 30 years and been through them all. Lived in Lauderdale, Daytona, Orlando, Davie, and now in Ft. Myers.

Most of the time Floridians dont even worry unless the storm is cat 4 or higher. Last time I put up my shutters was for Charley. I can tell you, THIS storm has people worried.

Most of the time, people wont evacuate, hell, they either wait till the last minute or get dragged away by law enforcement. I dont think that will be the case with Irma.

People are treating this one seriously. Most places are out of water around here ALREADY!

That said, I'm with you. If they can play the game early or move it to a neutral field like Jax or Atl, then go for it!

I mean, seriously, eff anyone who plays politics with climate change. That bullshit is having consequences directly on us. It is, and will continue, to create these freakishly powerful storms on a more consistent basis. Meanwhile we still willfully ignore it and actually take strides to make it worse. Unbelievable.
Such a pet peeve of mine, people are seriously dumb. Have you seen the effects on coral world wide? Our ocean is getting hotter and hotter and I don't see how any change is going to come in the near future

Safety is paramount and the smart solution is to put the game back to the bye week, unless there is a significant change in the direction of the hurricane in the next 12 hours. Time is of the essence to enable people to travel ahead of time and not get trapped into a late rush and get caught in traffic jams on I95.
While nobody wants to give up the bye week, it's probably the best of the available options.

Miamis out at this point they either move it or we take it in the tails in terms of preparation travel and rest on a brutal 3 game stretch with no bye week.

And just cause some want it moved doesn't mean we want all you south Floridians to perish in a biblical like storm.

There is still an outside chance they could play an early Thursday game but the smart money is on the bye week at this point. Just takes a lot of the hassle out of the way even if it is a disadvantage to both teams.

And honestly, i do a hurricane prep right after Memorial Day so I am ready to ride it out and would attend a Thursday game if they changed it.

That's me though, many people have done nothing and are panicking. I doubt they move the location with the bye week scenario in their back pocket.

No good options for this. Re-schedule to the bye and you have two teams playing 16 straight games. That's less than ideal from a player health/safety standpoint (not to mention competitive balance). Relocate the game to ATL and the Dolphins have a whopping 6 home games this season. Play on Thursday and people have to decide between attending a game and making preparations. I think Thursday is the least bad option. People can be adults and decide whether they are adequately prepared for the storm. If not, skip the game and continue working. If so, go to the game and get your mind off the storm for a few hours.

move it to atlanta, charge $20 a ticket all proceeds to go the destruction that is to come to florida....really crappy situation, hope for the best.

cant play the game in miami thurs or fri. not fair to the players or fans. youre gonna give the players 48 hours notice to play a game? and the fans need to get the F outta dodge. either play it on sunday somewhere else in florida or play it during the bye week. stinks playing 16 games in a row but thats probably whats gonna happen.

Playing in Jacksonville on Sunday should be an option.

Seriously doubt they reschedule to Jacksonville when the area could easily be on Hurricane Watch themselves by then. Plus the idea that people will make that 4 hour trek up 95 during a hurricane. Just not a good solution.

Atlanta makes the most sense for relocation but I just don't believe relocation is on the table to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom