Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine expecting players, coaches, and fans to focus on a silly game at the same time while their homes and cities are being struck.

They're professionals. What do you think Soldiers do when they are deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan and a hurricane hits home? They continue to focus on the mission, because whatever damage/destruction is going on will happen regardless. With respect to the football players, these guys are millionaires, they can fly their families with them to ATL out of the path of the storm, and the rest is just property that's insured and can be replaced.

Tired and broken. We will suffer a lot more injuries than the average team with the 16-straight weeks of playing and short weeks from Thursday and Monday night games.

Or we could be perfectly healthy after 16 weeks.

We lost Tannehill on a no contact bootleg and Raekwon on a kickoff. Ted Larsen in a practice.

No bye week is certainly less than desirable, but I think people are overstating how drastic that option is. Certainly no tangible coorelation on that having any effect on potential injuries.

There is still a lot of uncertainty in Irma's path and should be more clear in a couple of days. The NFL should move the game to Monday at this point. If the hurricane stays south, which is still possible then they can play. If it does turn north they move it to the bye week. Move the game to Monday now, decide Wednesday night whether to stay put or change to bye week.

I think the neutral site can work for the players. They are still professionals in the end and can get their friends and families out of there. But for the rest of us, this will be the strongest storm in my life time if we get it.

There is still a lot of uncertainty in Irma's path and should be more clear in a couple of days. The NFL should move the game to Monday at this point. If the hurricane stays south, which is still possible then they can play. If it does turn north they move it to the bye week. Move the game to Monday now, decide Wednesday night whether to stay put or change to bye week.

Click on this link, move the timeline on the bottom of the screen to Monday, and let me know if you still think the same thing.

https://www.windy.com/?2017-09-11-12,24.107,-76.772,6

Monday? That is probably worse than Saturday because the roads are likely to be a disaster.

Nice site!

Even with the uncertainty, this is a beast of a storm. Can't take chances. I would go with moving it to Atlanta, giving refund to Dolphin ticket holders (or let them donate to a charity), sell cheap tickets for Atlanta, with all money also going to charities that will help with relief efforts (Georgia might even get big flooding out of this one). Also, give free plane flights to the family of Dolphin players/staff to a safe location.

But that is just a dream.

OK...back to Windy to see what else I can do with it. :)

Click on this link, move the timeline on the bottom of the screen to Monday, and let me know if you still think the same thing.

https://www.windy.com/?2017-09-11-12,24.107,-76.772,6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom