Dolphins in the Market for FA Corner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins in the Market for FA Corner

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Agent Mark Bloom said Miami showed interest in Bills free agent Jabari Greer -- who visited Detroit, Tampa, Cleveland, with New Orleans next -- ``but I don't know where it will lead.''

Cornerbacks Bryant McFadden and Phillip Buchanon are out of Miami's price range barring a change of heart. The Dolphins don't want to spend enormous money on cornerback and didn't offer Andre' Goodman anything close to Denver's five-year, $25 million deal. Miami expressed interest in Drayton Florence before he signed with Buffalo Tuesday night.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/931488.html

Greer would be a real nice signing.

Nice, but a bit undersized at only 180 lbs. He'd get pushed around by a lot of bigger receivers.

Well, the one I would love for us to sign is Leigh Bodden who is 6'1 and is still very young, but I think Greer is a real nice CB and the Dolphins are said to be very high on Connecticut Corner Darius Butler and the kid is 5'10. Greer would be just right.

sign Chris Carr for depth and draft a CB with one of our first 4 picks and have Carr, Jones and the rookie battle for the starting job

Chris Carr would not be a bad addition. What I do like is this is the second report speculating Miami is in the market for CB. The first was Armando who said Miami had shown interest in Bodden, now the agent of Greer also says Miami is interested and they were looking at Florence before he sign with the Jills. Miami want a veteran Corner and i like that this Draft is gonna be real intereting if Miami signs a corner cause I think the number 1 spot would go to OLB, Dt, or WR.

I heard somewhere that Samari Rolle wants out of Baltimore, what you guys think about him?

to old already and injury prone

Chris Mccalister, Shawn Springs, Cris Carr, Corey Ivy are still out there and have performed well. We will see, but they are claerly trying to lock up a corner next. Things are very quite with Bodden, I suspect he could sign.

Every player we hae signed we have not found out till there inking the dotted line or have agreed. I have scouting for news on Bodden and things are super hush hush could be next on our list.

i hope it is bodden

Florence was real bad last year, but he is still young and can recover form that.

I dont get it whats goin on? I wish they would just kick down and sign bryant mcfadden dudes a beast man this is annoying....

smh at trying to be cheap with the weakest position on the team

Bigj you almost nailed it. It is not that they are being cheap with the weakest position on the team. Is that they are addressing the cheapest position on the team. FS, C and CB are some of the more in expensive position on a team. I keep saying FB could be a position they address.

WR,OLB and now DT (thankyou Haynesworth) are some of the most expensive position out there. Plus it is very hard to find true 3-4 DT in FA. That is why I predict we will besigning a Corner and are 1st will go to OLB, WR or DT. I we go OLB Clay Matthew is my pick. If they go WR I want Nicks unless Bay slips
(Highly Unlikely) and if DT is the position Ron Brace is my guy.

Back
Top Bottom