Dolphins in the Market for FA Corner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins in the Market for FA Corner

Hold you horses Miami wont be getting into no bidding wars. The Cardinals and Steelers are trying to outbid each other for Mcfadden.

Florence sucks! Forget about him, it's good for us that he signed with Buffalo. I was ecstatic when I saw that!

We need to sign Bodden, then draft Sean Smith in either the 1st or 2nd round and we will be GREAT!

I have said once, twice and this the third time. There is alot of talent at the Corner position left it will be interesting to see what Miami get even if it is a stop gap player similiar to what we did with Fergy last year.

Bigj you almost nailed it. It is not that they are being cheap with the weakest position on the team. Is that they are addressing the cheapest position on the team. FS, C and CB are some of the more in expensive position on a team. I keep saying FB could be a position they address.

WR,OLB and now DT (thankyou Haynesworth) are some of the most expensive position out there. Plus it is very hard to find true 3-4 DT in FA. That is why I predict we will besigning a Corner and are 1st will go to OLB, WR or DT. I we go OLB Clay Matthew is my pick. If they go WR I want Nicks unless Bay slips
(Highly Unlikely) and if DT is the position Ron Brace is my guy.

Bey will slip. Ravens will pick him after us if we don't pick him, and I don't think we will. The teams ahead that are picking WR will get Crabtree, Maclin, and Harvin. Perhaps Nicks, but I don't think Nicks is better than Bey. We'll go DT, LB, or C with #25.

Florence sucks! Forget about him, it's good for us that he signed with Buffalo. I was ecstatic when I saw that!

We need to sign Bodden, then draft Sean Smith in either the 1st or 2nd round and we will be GREAT!

I would LOVE to see that happen! Our secondary would have a lot more size to deal with the bigger receivers in the league. But realistically, I don't see us signing Bodden.

if McFadden goes to pitt or arizona, then Miami would be STUPID not to sign Leigh Bodden. besides mcfadden, hes probably the best CB on the market. We NEED a CB, and i dont want to use Will Allen and a rookie who is unproven in the NFL. Now if we signed Bodden or buchanon, AND drafted a rookie in the 1st or 2nd, then thatd be better. In case our rookie turns out to be a bust, we need a veteran.

Greer is good, but like another guy said, hes undersized. How about Greer AND Bodden??

Bodden would be REAL NICE.

1. He has already had an offer from the Pats
2. He is young
3. Very good man 2 man corner
4. Very good size @ 6ft.

Bodden is the guy i would like to obtain too.... the rest of the group is either too old, banged up or expensive.

I think that if the Trio thought the same way most of do, we would have already signed a corner. Maybe they know something we don't.

Bey will slip. Ravens will pick him after us if we don't pick him, and I don't think we will. The teams ahead that are picking WR will get Crabtree, Maclin, and Harvin. Perhaps Nicks, but I don't think Nicks is better than Bey. We'll go DT, LB, or C with #25.

I see you wrote this after the Grove signing. No way we go C in round 1. 1st off, there are plenty of Centers to be had later in this draft. 2nd, 1st round money to a Center is not a smart investment as they can be signed cheaper in FA. 3rd, we just signed a starting Center. Why would we spend a 1st on one?

DT, I doubt because the value will be gone at pick 25. LB would be a good bet, there will be a lot of excellent players left at 25.

I'm betting we go CB or LB with round 1, more likely LB because the value will be there.

Bigj you almost nailed it. It is not that they are being cheap with the weakest position on the team. Is that they are addressing the cheapest position on the team. FS, C and CB are some of the more in expensive position on a team. I keep saying FB could be a position they address.

WR,OLB and now DT (thankyou Haynesworth) are some of the most expensive position out there. Plus it is very hard to find true 3-4 DT in FA. That is why I predict we will besigning a Corner and are 1st will go to OLB, WR or DT. I we go OLB Clay Matthew is my pick. If they go WR I want Nicks unless Bay slips
(Highly Unlikely) and if DT is the position Ron Brace is my guy.

No way we sign Brace in the 1st , maybe with our 2b pick or even our 3rd round pick , 1st for him is a massive reach.

Trade Will Allen,Samson Satele, and Shawn Murphy to Pittsburgh and

SIGN BODDEN

The trade itself opens up about 4mil in cap.

Then draft Darius Butler and let him start but against spread offenses use Butler as the nickel and put Jason Allen out wide. I like Joey Thomas as a dime back.

Get a 2nd round pick from the Steelers. The Steelers replace Kemoatu for dirt cheap and fill their cornerback hole for 3mil(for 1 year anyway).

Shawn Murphy could be backup material at pittsburgh who has 0 depth.

A very good deal for cap strapped Steelers.

Dolphins draft _______ with the 64 pick.

since it sounds like we're not getting Bodden or McFadden, i want Springs as a stop gap for a year-two. of course at a reasonable contract. He's very physical and can still play if healthy

Back
Top Bottom