Dolphins’ Isaac Asiata “not worried” about preseason ups and downs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Isaac Asiata “not worried” about preseason ups and downs

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20170810-ale-dolphins-ae-042.jpg

When the Dolphins drafted guard Isaac Asiata, he seemed like he’d have as good of a chance as any rookie to crack the team’s starting lineup. He’s far from that at the moment, but he’s not beaten down by some of his struggles

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ta-not-worried-about-preseason-ups-and-downs/

Asiata has been a major disappointment. The competition in front of him at Guard isn't exactly first rate.

I am scratching my head over how we can be so disappointed that he is taking taking time to develop. Being a NFL starter out of the gate is the exception, not the norm.

I actually agree. It's brutal that he hasn't succeeded with the lack of quality talent we have at the G position. I think we were all just so happy about getting a guard we didn't think it through. He's a 5th rd guard that needs time to develop. It's a big problem for most considering we could have taken a higher Guard but that person still would have had to develop..Not everyone is Zach Martin lol As a fanbase, I think I can speak for most when I say it's time to get a damn guard. We had a Pro Bowler but Johnny Martini had to lie and know that star guard is on our rival!! Good call O-Line coach Philbin!! Wait, how is Joe Philbin an O-line coach lol He ruined ours for years

Dolphins front office has been pretty good finding quality talent late in the draft. In this case, they found a "name" guard that fell and the fanbase got giddy. But sometimes the peanut gallery (rest of the NFL front offices) is right and guys fall for one reason or another and don't pan out. I'd take the development angle more if he was younger, maybe an underclassman, when he declared.

No surprise here. Asiata was always going to need a steep transition period and learning curve. He is a gap/man lineman coming to a ZBS. The FO liked his work ethic and mean streak. Now hopefully the can coach him up in zone techniques.

Back
Top Bottom