Dolphins' Jarvis Landry expects Julius Thomas to take pressure off | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Jarvis Landry expects Julius Thomas to take pressure off

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
171700_n.jpg

Landry estimated he's been double-teamed on "about half the pass plays" the Dolphins ran over the past two seasons. Miami Herald reporter Armando Salguero has been impressed with Thomas' work at OTAs and seems to believe Thomas can rediscover his early-career form. Landry's target load could take a hit, but he would then see more advantageous coverage looks with Thomas stretching the middle of the field.
https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/play...ry-expects-julius-thomas-to-take-pressure-off

If Julius Thomas turns into even 75% of his old self, we are going to have a scary offense.

With weapons like Ajayi, Landry, Parker, Stills, Thomas, Drake, Williams, etc, Tannehill should feast on opposing defenses!!

Our D just has to be middle of the pack which I think will happen.

We have too many weapons to not be very optimistic and to not think we have a great chance to make the playoffs again. (If we do 2 years in a row, we're for real)

PHINS UP!!!

If Julius Thomas turns into even 75% of his old self, we are going to have a scary offense.

With weapons like Ajayi, Landry, Parker, Stills, Thomas, Drake, Williams, etc, Tannehill should feast on opposing defenses!!

We have too many weapons to not be very optimistic and to not think we have a great chance to make the playoffs again. (If we do 2 years in a row, we're for real)

PHINS UP!!!

It all hinges on the O-Line, If that does not improve the season will once again go in the crapper.:wall

It all hinges on the O-Line, If that does not improve the season will once again go in the crapper.:wall

Yes sir it does!!

I really hope our guards can be just decent. lol

If they can just hold down their spots, we're more than likely going to have a special year.

Tunsil and James both have the tackle spots locked down.

I cannot wait to see Tunsil tossing folks and getting to the next level to destroy DBs and Lbs!!

PHINS UP!!!
That's why we need Pouncey and the O-line to step it up. This is potentially the best Dolphin Offense in the past 20 years if our O-line can keep healthy.

This teams success hinges on that, and the run defense. Improvements from both makes us one of the better teams in the AFC. Our offense is too good not to produce, as long as Tanny has time to go through his progressions. I think we are fine at LB and in the secondary, we just need our run defense to step up. Drop our average from last year by 40 ypg/a, and we will be fine.

That's why we need Pouncey and the O-line to step it up. This is potentially the best Dolphin Offense in the past 20 years if our O-line can keep healthy.

Absolutely!!

Pouncey is so important for what we're trying to accomplish it's quite nerve wracking.

I'm really hoping we can get consistency out two of our guards.

We've seen the absolute worst with Dallas and Billy so we know it can't get worse than that lol

I know some reports were saying Asiata was having a hard time without pads.

It means nothing for a guy like him.

He's that guy that will excel when he's actually allowed to use his strength, size, aggression, etc..

Based on talent level alone, this is the best offensive unit I've seen in decades.

We all know what Tannehill can do with time.

Thomas could have a hell of a year.

I always thought Tannehill would excel with a REAL seam threat TE.

Even though it was a stupid preseason game that only meant us losing a really good TE, Tannehill sure did look comfortable throwing down the middle to Keller.

Ultimately, it will all come down to whether or not our interior line holds up. New year, Same issue

Juice is a rare breed cause a lot of guys with a top 50 NFL peer player grade and tied for the NFL record for receptions the first 3 years in the league going into their final rookie deal year would be airing their grievances to the media.

Makes me think he's been told like Kiko and reshad before him that it will get done and he will be a dolphin for the long haul.

Thomas can certainly be a difference maker but the guy has never played 16 games. 14, 13, 12 and 9 games played the last four years. Fasano and Gray will need to pick up the slack.

Thomas can certainly be a difference maker but the guy has never played 16 games. 14, 13, 12 and 9 games played the last four years. Fasano and Gray will need to pick up the slack.
Fasano and gray imo are more than capable of atleast picking up the slack. With limited opportunities im expecting big things from gray

PHINS UP!!!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, or Captain Obvious, but Atlanta had (has) a "scary" offense also, and were up 25 points in the Super Bowl with just over a quarter to play. (UGH!!!!!!)

Yes, I think our offense will improve, and force defenses to have to defend more elements of our offense than in the past, but BOY we'll need to shore up our defense if we really want to have the chances to compete...namely: getting off the field on defensive third downs!!!

Also key will be CONVERTING 3rd downs ON OFFENSE to sustain drives (keeps our defense off the field and more rested, and keeps opposing offenses off the field, especially those with extra fire power)...dare I say that certainly can happen IF we take advantage of the wide variety of talent on our offense and NOT BE SO PREDICTABLE!!!

Last edited:
3rd down conversions will go up with a improved Parker, Landry and the new addition of Thomas.

That's 3 guys that can win on 3rd down consistently.

We are right down towards the bottom for 1st downs per game and 3rd down conversion. 1st downs per game can be partially attributed to our D not getting opponents off the field, but 3rd down conversion rate has been an issue in Miami for years now. For all the scheming and favourable match ups that can help you in those situations, sometimes it's just about shifting the other team off th LOS.

Back
Top Bottom