Dolphins likely to use tag on Sean Smith if no long term deal.. more on long | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins likely to use tag on Sean Smith if no long term deal.. more on long

shahrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
per rotoworld...

sean smith will likely be tagged if he's not able to get a long term deal done.

they also said that the franchise tag is "out of the question" for long.

Sorry to see ya go Big Jake, but you ain't worth $15 million!!! It's money that now can be used to possibly resign almost all of Miami's own F/A's.

I dont think we will tag Smith.

Seriously all the negative talk about Long is crazy. I get it he isn't worth the big money but I would love to keep him if he and the Phins can work a reasonable deal. He has given us some great years. He needs to get healthy I get it. If he gets healthy he will be one of the best in the league. I know Martin can play LT but if we can keep both our line will be in good shape. Plus keeping Matin at RT will keep his price down when Miami extends him. Just some thoughts.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Also I can live with Smith making big money. He's not top 5 at his position but we need him because he is good.

IF Smith gets tagged and that's a BIG IF! I'm thinking/hopping transition not a franchise.

I really hope Long sticks around but if he want's 12 plus mill a year he can go find it elsewhere and believe me I'm a huge Jake Long Supporter. Now if he is willing to take an incentive based salary that can reach 12mill a year then I'd be for it.

Edit: Yikes, I just looked at the numbers again. if Smith is Franchised, he'll cost close 10.7mill... transition would be 8.9 mill. of course that's if he opts for justthe 1 year deal

I asked this before, can we tag a player and then latet remove it, thus opting out of the 1 year deal for that player?????

I would prefer to tag Long or Bush, pretty sure Sean Smith won't go anywhere, his numbers does not deserve 10 million a year, more like 2-3 mil at the most

No way we tag smith... The tag is for jake.. He's proven to be the best when healthy Sean is just a solid cb. If we let long go for nothing I would be furious!!!! Trading him I can take but not letting him go for free

10 mil for Sean Smith??? **** NO!

is that what the tag is for CB's? I dont know what would be worse, paying Long 15 on the franchise tag or paying Smith 10. I hope Ireland doesnt squander all this salary cap cash!

I've always thought Jeff Ireland was a knucklehead. But if he tags Sean Smith, then he totally incompetent.

If the Dolphins tag Sean Smith I will projectile vomit all over Ireland's head (and I was all for the team tagging Soliai when they did it). Sean Smith is a #2 cb at best, though he trash talks like a #1. We need less bark and more bite in the secondary, and a few interceptions from anyone not named Reshad Jones would be nice too.

We don't have to use our tag on anyone I see...No one will be in high demand that's a free agent.

Back
Top Bottom