Dolphins likely to use tag on Sean Smith if no long term deal.. more on long | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins likely to use tag on Sean Smith if no long term deal.. more on long

Somebody please go hide the TAGS so nobody is tempted to tag either Long or Smith. Both should be re-signed for less than half of their tag amount or let go, period!

I would prefer to tag Long or Bush, pretty sure Sean Smith won't go anywhere, his numbers does not deserve 10 million a year, more like 2-3 mil at the most

Are you serious? I guarantee you, Sean Smith can pull 6-8 million a year. I hope he signs 4 years 24 with us, but he might be able to get more elsewhere.

Laughable.

If our front office pays that lame-excuse for a CB Sean Smith 10M+ next season, then Jeff Ireland should be fired on the spot.

No way we tag smith... The tag is for jake.. He's proven to be the best when healthy Sean is just a solid cb. If we let long go for nothing I would be furious!!!! Trading him I can take but not letting him go for free
Ireland is in a tough spot. we don't tag him, he risk losing him for nothing... we tag him, can't find a a trading partner or work a long term deal, we are on the hook for 15milit's going to be interesting

Are you serious? I guarantee you, Sean Smith can pull 6-8 million a year. I hope he signs 4 years 24 with us, but he might be able to get more elsewhere.
Transition tag is the average of the top 10 CB's in the leage salary which is currently 8.9 mil a year... I wouldn't put Smith in that class... I would agree with you on him being worth 5-6 mil though.

Tagging Smith should automatically do the following:

1) show us the horrible offseason we are going to encounter again due to Fireland
2) embarrassment to man kind
3) WTF has he done to warrant taht much $???
4) Fireland is securing a spot to get fired next year unless he still has more dirt on Ross.

Long, what a great pick. Using a 1st OVERAL pick in the draft on a player you dont care or need to resign. Great move fraud-cells.

Smith and his career 6 INT's is not worth a tag. You can bring him back, but only at a reasonable deal for an average number 2 corner.

Laughable.

If our front office pays that lame-excuse for a CB Sean Smith 10M+ next season, then Jeff Ireland should be fired on the spot.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Smith is a #2 corner at best; I see him more as a #3. This is something I fear going into the off-season with Ireland in charge, that he will use our 50+ million in cap space by overpaying second-rate players, acorns, and scrubs.

the franchise tag...on sean smith. i think that would be a new low honestly. franchising a below average DB is horrible

Is Sean Smith and our secondary really that bad? We are #9 in the NFL in completion % against at 58.7% putting us right next to Seattle and Denver. We are tied for #5 in the NFL with Chicago and Cincy for TD passes allowed at 16. We do allow the 8th most passing yards per game in the NFL at 246.5 YPG but we are targetted on average 37.6x a game which is 6th highest in the NFL.

The secondary isn't as bad as everyone seems to think it is, we are a classic bend don't break defense. If Sean Smith is allowed to walk it would create a gaping hole at CB. CB is not one of those positions that rookies normally come in and blow the roof off the league. It took Patrick Peterson a year to get settled in Arizona, it took Darrelle Revis 2 years in NY. If we let Sean Smith go it would create an unnecessary hole.

I really hope we don't tag Smith.. 10 million!

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

IMO the only time you should use the Tag is if you are already a contending team or its a player that is making the pro bowl every year. Smith is not the player to tag at all!

LOL... this is typical Ireland.

ZERO foresight and painted into a corner.
LOL! No actual move has been made and some are already bashing the GM on what they think he will do based on a media article...

Back
Top Bottom