Dolphins look to draft better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins look to draft better

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dennis Hickey says he's well prepared for his first NFL draft as a general manager, and when the Miami Dolphins begin picking players Thursday night, he wants a calm atmosphere at team headquarters.

Not that the Dolphins' recent drafts have been anything to get excited about.

Too many poor picks were a big reason for the departure of Hickey's predecessor, Jeff Ireland, whose unpopularity among fans grew with each draft during his six years in Miami.

Hickey, a former Tampa Bay Buccaneers executive, was polite when asked to assess the Dolphins' recent drafts, although he did mention "mistakes."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/05/06/dolphins-hope-to-do-better-in-draft/8777347/

Hopefully Hickey can help turn this thing around and get the Dolphins back to the playoffs.

id be concerned if we were trying to draft worse

Oh I see, let's draft better than the predecessor, makes perfect sense. Talk is cheap, get er done.

I thought this was an Onion article from the title.

Area Team Tries Not to Blow Draft Picks on Emotionally Fragile Players and Drug Addicts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ireland was fired because of the 58 sacks and the Martin fiasco and poor OL drafting and not signing Albert last year.

They better, as Dolphin fans we have had it ruff, from Rick Spielman to Randy Mueller. We have had some very awful picks for a while now. That is why here is a list of player, try to find them

2003 Draft
2 49 Eddie Moore LB Tennessee
3 78 Wade Smith T Memphis (Still in the League)
3 87 Taylor Whitley G Texas A&M
5 156 Donald Lee TE Mississippi State
5 169 J.R. Tolver WR San Diego State
6 181 Corey Jenkins LB South Carolina
6 209 Tim Provost -- San Jose State
6 213 Yeremiah Bell DB Eastern Kentucky (Still in the League)
7 248 Davern Williams DT Troy State
2004 Draft
1 19 Vernon Carey T Miami (Fla.) (Still in the League)
4 102 Will Poole CB USC
5 160 Tony Bua LB Arkansas
6 174 Rex Hadnot G Houston
7 221 Tony Pape G Michigan
7 222 Derrick Pope LB Alabama
2005 Draft
1 2 Ronnie Brown RB Auburn (Still in the League)
2 46 Matt Roth DE Iowa
3 70 Channing Crowder OLB Florida
4 104 Travis Daniels CB Louisiana State
5 162 Anthony Alabi T Texas Christian
7 216 Kevin Vickerson DT Michigan State (Still in the League)
2006 Draft
1 16 Jason Allen DB Tennessee
3 82 Derek Hagan WR Arizona State
4 114 Joseph Toledo T Washington
7 212 Fred Evans DT Texas State
7 226 Rodrique Wright DT Texas
7 233 Devin Aromashodu WR Auburn

Just Awful!

In other News...."The Dolphins would like to win more games and make the playoffs"

In other News...."The Dolphins would like to win more games and make the playoffs"

A source tells me that Joe Philbin would not be overly mad if we win the super bowl this season

Today's lead headline in USA Today

"Exclusive: Green Bay GM tells us "I hope our first round pick doesn't turn out to be a bust""

I'm just hoping for better tasting Hot Dogs at the game...

The current Hot Dog situation at the stadium needs to be improved in a major way. I'm a firm believer that if you bring in quality Hot Dog's over quantity this team has a chance to turn it all around. It all starts there IMO... Make that change and this team is at least winning 9 games this season, and I'll stop sneaking in my own Hot Dogs.

The Draft... Although I'm excited it's almost here, we've been let down so many years with mediocre or straight up busts that my expectations have gone down the tubes. With that being said, I always get excited this time of year just to be let down and I just hope this year will be different.

Disagree on their assessment that this draft is deep at linebacker...it's not. There are more 3-4 OLBs in this draft but not many 4-3 OLBs...again, if the glove don't fit you must not draft for the sake of saying you drafted said position...or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom