Dolphins may cut Leonte Carroo a year after trading up for him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins may cut Leonte Carroo a year after trading up for him

Classic media twisting of words... Jackson was simply speculating based on the play of Ford, Scott, and Drew Morgan. He also said that Carroo has inside track based on draft pedigree, but he will have to earn it.

Non-story if you ask me.

Classic media twisting of words... Jackson was simply speculating based on the play of Ford, Scott, and Drew Morgan. He also said that Carroo has inside track based on draft pedigree, but he will have to earn it.

Non-story if you ask me.

^^^This

Based on 3 days of OTAs? It is an accepted fact OTAs are for teaching, and not evaluating. This is sensationalism at its worst. The author has the UDFA Drew Morgan pushing for the spot. If you want to make up a story you at least think he would use Ford the guy actually drafted, or Scott the guy who made the roster last year. I would agree after the first three the competition is open, but Carroo has a huge advantage in knowing the playbook/offense, and 1 year with Ryan. Barring injury I would bet Carroo locks up #4, and Ford and Grant fight for #5.

Yea he is fighting with scott, ford, hell maybe morgan for a roster spot. Carroo cant even play special teams, it isnt looking good for him

Jackson's article was just an opinion on his part based on things he's seen in the off-season and now PFT is acting like it's some inside scoop.

If Carroo doesn't make this team it's because he doesn't deserve to be on it and I'm fine with that.

Seems lazy to write an article that a player might be cut with the only source to the claim being the speculation of another reporter. When the coaching staff has something bad to say about Carroo I'll listen. Sure there's an outside chance he doesn't stick. You could say the same thing about 75 % of the non-starters in the league. If their competition out performs them in camp there's a chance they might get cut. Malcom Mitchell had a solid rookie season with the Patriots, but If he's out preformed by all the other receivers in training camp there's a chance he might get cut.

Jackson's article was just an opinion on his part based on things he's seen in the off-season and now PFT is acting like it's some inside scoop.

If Carroo doesn't make this team it's because he doesn't deserve to be on it and I'm fine with that.

I agree there it is mere speculation by PFT at this point, but there is also have evidence based on late in the season last year as he was inactive, not due to any injury, but for lack of grasp on the playbook and performance.

Seems lazy to write an article that a player might be cut with the only source to the claim being the speculation of another reporter. When the coaching staff has something bad to say about Carroo I'll listen. Sure there's an outside chance he doesn't stick. You could say the same thing about 75 % of the non-starters in the league. If their competition out performs them in camp there's a chance they might get cut.

Their actions speak louder than words when they made put him on the inactive list late last season.

I agree there it is mere speculation by PFT at this point, but there is also have evidence based on late in the season last year as he was inactive, not due to any injury, but for lack of grasp on the playbook and performance.

Their actions speak louder than words when they made put him on the inactive list late last season.

Oh if he washes out in year two of an NFL career after being taken in the 3rd after a trade up that's on 100% in the front office.

I thought the team said the reason Scott was activated ahead of Carroo was due to Scott being the better special team's player, I don't recall them saying anything about Carroo not Grasping the offense or poor performance. After all he only had six targets all season.

I thought the team said the reason Scott was activated ahead of Carroo was due to Scott being the better special team's player, I don't recall them saying anything about Carroo not Grasping the offense or poor performance. After all he only had six targets all season.

I believe it was Carroo himself who overall called it a humbling experience. There is a reason he had just 6 targets and only participated in 12% of the snaps, and it's not just because of the talent of our other 3 WR's.

I believe it was Carroo himself who overall called it a humbling experience. There is a reason he had just 6 targets and only participated in 12% of the snaps, and it's not just because of the talent of our other 3 WR's.

But if those 6 targets and 12% of the snaps are an indictment of Carroo than why are we saying he's in any more jeopardy of losing a roster spot than Grant or Scott who have a combined 1 target and less than 1 % of the snaps? I think Carroo will be fine and even if he doesn't make the Dolphins roster there are teams in need of receivers that would gladly find a role for him. Let's see what he looks like in August.

Remember Rishard Matthews only had 11 receptions during his first season and after a productive second season he only had 12 in year 3. Players improve as their role changes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom