Dolphins most realistic hope for drafting TE might be in later rounds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins most realistic hope for drafting TE might be in later rounds

as we get deeper into the process that is the NFL Draft, Eifert is probably the best player at #12...

I really cant stand Omar Kelly.

"I haven't seen any kills from Tannehill"

just shut up.

Most realisic. You cant draft this kid at 12 cus I'll write a bad article about ya. lol

hey does anyone know if you now must pay to read this online it won't let me see the articles?

hey does anyone know if you now must pay to read this online it won't let me see the articles?

After a certain while, yeah. If you have an updated web browser, there's usually a private browsing option, and you can view the articles with that. I know it's referred to the "incognito window" on Google Chrome.

As far as tight ends go, I also do think that either a pass-rusher or Eifert will be taken at #12. I'm about to do a quick 3-round mock in the Draft Forum and spoiler alert, Eifert is the first pick at 12.

as we get deeper into the process that is the NFL Draft, Eifert is probably the best player at #12...

I disagree with that. I think if we wanted to we could easily trade back into the bottom of the 1st and grab Eifert or Ertz.

I think a very good player that I'd love for the Dolphins to grab is Barkevious Mingo. I think the Combine might've put him into the top 15 to be drafted, which could be enough for Ireland to pull the trigger.

I like Reed in round 3 a lot more than Eifert at 12.

Corner or DE would be the best value pick at 12 imo. A good te could be found way later.

I will wait till after FA to make a draft board.

That's just too logical! I don't understand how much draft speculation is being spread out everywhere when you don't know what will happen in free agency, particularly with Miami having that much of money to spend.

Before the 3rd-4th week of March, it's ridiculous to speculate which guy we will target. Of course, there are players that we know we could be interested but just wait...

I don't believe Eifert will be there past 15-20, somewhere in there...best case scenario. Someone may jump earlier.

You have to take into account the renewed importance of impact tight ends in this league now...I am seriously warming up to Eifert at 12, and I seriously hope we get one of the top 3.

I also want us to come out of this draft with Swope, who I think along with Eifert would fit in nicely in our offense.

For me, this not being an overly strong defensive draft, I would be OK with an overly offensive draft this year...filling a few defensive holes in free agency.

I want this offense set up this year, so that Tanny can get comfortable and grow with the receiver corp around him now. It may be a smarter approach than trying to fill every hole in the draft.

If you listen to that interview, it's pretty revealing.

He's basically saying he will not draft a TE who doesn't block today and won't need to block in the NFL. Any guy they're looking at who doesn't block today, better be capable of it in the future.

I think this is the error they made with Egnew and there was a semi-acknowledgement of that by Ireland - it's hard to project if a non-blocking guy will be able to adjust and take that role on. But that's fairly big news I think, there is no plan to add a "big receiver" type TE this season, who won't be asked to put his hand on the ground.

On that basis, you could probably rule out Fauria and Otten. You will have to do a lot of analysis on Eifert to reassure yourself his NFL blocking skills will match his elevated draft spot. A guy like Toilolo, who had a pretty poor Combine, might still be in play on the basis that they may judge it to be easier to develop his receiving skills than develop the blocking skills of a Fauria (or Egnew).

Thoughts?

I was hoping they'd get one in the first two days of the draft. I'm tired of hearing about value. We need a skilled TE that can contribute this season. One of the big reasons that QB did so well with the panthers as a rookie is that they surrounded him with two quality TE's.

They could trade back into the 1st round or 2nd round.

Either that or sign the bad apple from cheese town. This isn't what I wanted to see happen though.

st louis needs a TE. they have 16 & 22.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the silly season. Don't take to heart the things football people say during this time, because they have Personnel Management Syndrome (PMS) and are prone to saying all kinds of contradictory things they don't mean. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom