Dolphins Need to take the High Road

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by steviey013, Oct 25, 2012.

1. steviey013

steviey013 A True Fan

Its pretty obvious to me that Rex Ryan, fresh off his loss to the Patriots, wants to get the trash talk going to keep the Dolphins from focusing on the task at hand. I have a feeling that our staff will instruct the players to keep the talk to a minimum and let the Jets blow their load in the media prior to the game. Stay classy Dolphins and do your talking on the field this Sunday with a W. Beat those blowhard Jets in their home stadium and take another step forward. One game at a time...

Thumper1016 likes this.
  2. Thumper1016

Thumper1016 A True Fan

I couldnt agree more. I want Miami to do there talking on the field and beat the Jets.

3. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

lol the Jets silly trash talking during game week has happened before. And we beat em in the end and did our talking on the field on game day.

This is nothing new

4. Phinfan1979

Phinfan1979 Banned Hammered

Just win Miami that is all I ask.

5. GREEKDOLFAN

GREEKDOLFAN Member

it will be a good game and great judge of where we stand!!! We must win!!

6. jetstream1066

jetstream1066 Well-Known Member

Do you think the same high road should be taken towards visiting Jet fans like myself during the week ? Because I certainly haven't seen it

7. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Funny you mention this and I agree. A lot of opposing fans come here and most are respectful in the debates like yourself but it seems we have a few that don't appreciate a healthy debate from an opposing view

It is not happening just here though. I have the same issue at TGG. Most guys are pretty cool but I run across the occasional *** bag that has no comprehension of intelligent conversation. An unfortunate aspect of fandom.

8. The_Phish

The_Phish A True Fan

Dolphins fans get swarmed and attacked on the Gang Green every day. So what's difference? At least we show a little class here and moderate the forums and use a profanity filter! Go Phins!

9. jetstream1066

so you think calling myself or other jets fans here,,,,who come without an attitude scumbags...or other nonsense is showing class ? There are idiots on every forum....but in my little experience here...I have encountered more insults then good football talk

10. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Hot Sauce Moderator Finheaven VIP

Prove it

11. Canuck Phin Fan

Canuck Phin Fan Well-Known Member

Are we really comparing a football forum to the way the actual jets team is behaving. This is ridiculous. The jet players are flat out threatening an opposing players safety and livelihood and you're complaining about your treatment on an opposing teams forum. Wow. This is just ridiculous. . I guess whatever you need to either justify your teams unsportsmanlike like behaviour and try to throw the blame back on the opposing teams side. I guess whatever u need to do to make yourself feel better. But u look like a complete fool with your post

12. jetstream1066

feel free to research it

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Im not condoning anything the Jets have said...but it's extremely hypocritical for the fin forum to be calling the jets classless....yet they are quick to wish harm on players and insults at jet fans who visit

13. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

To be fair it is like that on any board, we all like to think our fanbases are different but in reality the biggest difference is we wear different colors- Jet fans will defend our guys moronic comments, dolphin fans will defend the moronic comments of their players and we'll bash each other. Sometimes it's fun, other times it's tiresome but I'm happy this rivalry is so heated right now- that's the way it should be btw these 2 teams.

14. jetstream1066

go to the official jets forum....this name calling and similar garbage does not happen there

15. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

official sites should be different but fans are fans no matter what team they root for.

16. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

It doesn't happen here either unless it is in the depths. You can call opinions bull**** all day long here and since I am on the other side of your opinion I think it is bull****. The staff here at Finheaven are voluntary and only here because we love the Dolphins and the site.

We also give free rein to anyone regardless of what team they might root for, trust me we might not catch all the name calling and finger pointing BS but when we do we try to be as fair as possible and look at the situations from both points of view.

I am of the notion that why should I bother to head to a rival teams forums to stir the pot when there is big enough pot right here among fans of the same team? I have been on gang green a handful of times reading threads that were linked here and I see the trash talk and the names and the lack of profanity filter etc...Matt runs a damn clean board here compared to 90% of Internet forums and the staff try to let anyone and everyone post as freely as possible but within the TOS.

So I'm calling your opinion of this situation COMPLETE BULL ****!

17. scodoublet

scodoublet Anywhere. Anytime. Donator

Why in the world do fans of rival teams join rival boards? I just can't figure that out...
    Now, because of this the "home team" board has to be polite?

I hate everything about the jests and I imagine they hate everything about the Phins.
    That's how rivalries work and what makes this game so big for both sides!

18. jetstream1066

you can disagree with it all you want. The point that everybody here is voluntary has no relevance to my opinion that there is a lot of hypocrisy here. Show me where my statement is wrong

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I come to rival boards to talk football with rival fans......to get their perspective. Smack talk is to be expected.....constant insults is grade school garbage

19. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

This is a great board, of course there will be a vocal minority of posters who cannot act like adults and get into civil discussions b/c we are Jet fans but there are also a majority of great fans that can. Sometimes I get bogged down w/ nonsense w/ the few that cannot but if you hang out you'll find plenty of great fans on here.

20. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

21. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Sometimes I think the Jets and Dolphins fans hate each other more than the players do.....lol......I'm a Christian and I don't hate anyone including the jets. I want my Dolphins to beat the jets more than any other team but I don't hate them or their fans.....like other have said, there're nice people on every fan base and bad too but in the end, we're all just fans.....people need to get over it already......the civil war was a loooooong time ago. And yes, I hope we beat them by 4 TD's(not likelyto win by that much)but I hope nobody gets injured on either side.

Ozzy rules!!

22. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I haven't seen anyone before disrespectful to you but I also haven't been looking at anything you've been saying. That being said, if you stuck around here year-round like Junc and BleedinGreenNC does, I'm sure more people would take you seriously.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Now why can't you be like that in every post? :lol:

23. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

I don't think we'll hear too much talking from players here on in.

I think both camps will be encouraged to keep quiet.

24. MarshallFin1

MarshallFin1 Banned Hammered

Hey its the spinmesiter!! rdy to get crushed on sunday??

25. NY8123

I could show you account after account but that goes against the policy of keeping private matters private.

26. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself but I enjoy going back & forth with fans of the team we have coming up. I belong to the Jets official forum and enjoy it but I'm also a regular on patriotsplanet. I never understood fans who stick only to their own forum exclusively. What's the point of spending all your time talking with people who agree with 90% of the same things you do?

27. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Yeah because people on this forum are in complete agreement on 90% of things related to the Miami Dolphins.

Lmao. Sorry if we can't match your level of lemming-like groupthink over there on the Jets official trash heap.

28. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I think jetstream is talking about. I put up a post that is in no way antagonistic and you come back with a total douchebag type answer. Way to go buddy.

29. jetstream1066

Im not saying the forum here is all crap....Im saying I find it incredibly ignorant for fans (of any team but since im here now im refering to select fans here) to wish harm on an opposing player.....yet call the Jets classless for yapping dumb crap as well. The hypocrisy is crystal clear IMO

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Thank you for validating my point

30. jetstream1066

Ill allow you to breach my privacy....show me where there is no hypocrisy here. Show me where fans here kill the Jets for things they said...calling it classless....calling the Jets and their fans all kinds of crap......but then put themselves on a pedastal of no wrong

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

hopefully so on the jets side. I am open to the fact that they talk way too much....stfu and play

31. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

Dude, when don't take the high road with each other, expecting this on fan forum is just not possible. You will get that from some some, but that the majority, which is no different from any other forum.

32. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

Marshall, Davis, and Crowder are all history. Taking the high road should be easy for this team.

33. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

what fun would that be?:chuckle:

I would hope the rational folks realize how much I like this board, if I didn't I wouldn't post here all the time. Thgere are a few yahoos on here but overall it's a great board run by a great staff.

34. scodoublet

scodoublet Anywhere. Anytime. Donator

I guess it's just me, but I couldn't imagine going to a "rival" board and actually registering & posting.
    It would just make me feel like I'm flirting with the enemy and cheating on my Phins.

Hey, that's it!
    Maybe "rival" fans who join this board really DO love the enemy, that's why they sign up!
    They keep talking trash that they love their team and their team is better, but that's only a front to hide their true feelings...they really love the Miami Dolphins!

Admit it...deep down, you guys are Miami Dolphin Lovers! :lol:

35. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

shhhhh, I have been trying to cover it up for years

36. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

​It is called "attention-seeking behavior". Doesn't make someone a horrible person, just maybe a little insecure and needy.

37. Alm1ghty

Alm1ghty Well-Known Member

And the truth finally comes out :lol:
    But in all seriousness Junc, I like having you around. I like hearing you opinion on matters like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  38. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Thank you. we are all fans that love our teams, we just root for different teams.

39. NY8123

It isn't about "your" privacy. If you feel there is a violation to the TOS hit that little exclamation point inside the triangular yield sign and report the post. At that point the staff will review the reported post and handle it in due fashion.

If the post is indeed against the TOS a warning and/or infraction is handed out and the post is either edited to remove the offense or deleted entirely from the thread. All of this happens between the staff and the person in violation, it isn't open to public debate nor should it be. This isn't a children's ridicule session we are all big boys here and need to be treated as such and we try to respect everyone involved in the proper adult manor.

If you are in the Depths or one of the anything goes threads, you get what you get.....if you don't like it get out or bring your big boy skin in those areas because ANYTHING goes.

You come in here an make is sound like the Jets fan base doesn't post **** like "oh can you believe how many deluded homer Miami fans there is" or "What a bunch of retarded Miami fans over there" it is called a rivalry and ever fan base does it. If you don't want to hear **** like, **** the Jets or Jets fans can piss off stay off a rival teams board on game week bro.

Either that or get some thicker skin and get over it.

40. jetstream1066

Im speaking of me specifically....not other Jet fans who choose to lower themselves to dropping juvenile insults.. I won't ever hit the explanation mark and report a post because that's sissy crap.....if the mods want to intervene....then they will if they find it necessary. My skin is plenty thick....and even it if wasn't,,,,I'm confident there is nothing a total stranger can say to me on a football forum that will upset me. This is a friggin game......I don't live my life for jets football..........I find it incredibly funny that the jets and their fans are constantly called classless....yet this forum is filled with character bashing insults and the desire to see somebody get hurt......you see no hypocrisy in that ?