Dolphins not sexy enough for HBO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins not sexy enough for HBO

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
DOLPHINS TOO DULL, NOT SEXY ENOUGH FOR HBO?: HBO's Hard Knocks training-camp reality show will focus this year on the stinkin' New York Jets, of the never-shuts-up bullhorn coach Rex Ryan and prettyboy celubu-passer Mark Sanchez. Last year it was the Bengals and heavy doses of Chad Ochocinco. The year before that it was Ray Lewis and the Ravens. Sense a pattern here? HBO wants stars, big personalities. Miami has nobody who qualifies from a national perspective. Check that. Miami has Bill Parcells. But he's a recluse and wants no part of such things. The Dolphins mindset is they'd probably say no, anyway, but why would HBO ask? After all these years, backup running back Ricky Williams remains the Dolphins' most compelling, interesting player in terms of the kind of personality Hard Knocks likes to package. That's just one more reason the Dolphins could use a guy like Brandon Marshall. For the 100 catches first, make no mistake. But also for the national sizzle.

http://blogs.herald.com/random_evid...rheading-a-miami-march-this-evening-in-s.html

Leave us under the limelight, It is all about staying hungry & humble. This sport is not about being a movie star, It is about winning games. I know this organization knows that.

teams to appear on hbo's hard knocks have won a grand total of ZERO super bowls so who cares

First time I've heard the words "sexy" and Rex Ryan used in the same context.

Eh, they're right I think. There's nothing really appealing about the Dolphins. And that's fine that we don't have the guys who seek out the camera and the guys who talk. The Jets have that. That's what drives ratings. Let them have it.

HBO wants the ratings. As of now we dont have someone like that on our squad. Like a previous poster said, zero superbowls for the "hard knocks" it not the make up our team. The fins arent showy they just over achieve!!!

Eh, they're right I think. There's nothing really appealing about the Dolphins. And that's fine that we don't have the guys who seek out the camera and the guys who talk. The Jets have that. That's what drives ratings. Let them have it.
hope they dont forget the wide angle lenses for rexy.

It's understandable they'd pick the Jest. People are interested in freakshows and It's human nature to wanna stop and watch a trainwreck. Hopefully it'll prove to be like the "Madden Curse" for those jagoffs.

Hm, yeah, I can see that. What they're saying is, there isn't really any one person to follow around for most of the show, that can keep it entertaining. Which I have no problem with really, but it would nice to see our Fins more behind the scenes.

Who wrote that article? The year before the Bengals was the Chiefs. The Ravens were the first team to do the show back in 2001. I posted a thread about this in the General NFL forum. NYJunc, I think it was him, posted all the teams that have done the series. Also teams place bids to try and get on the show. HBO doesn't approach the teams. At least that is what the articale implys.

Not surprising, the Jets are the obvious choice if you're HBO.

They want "big stars" and "personalities" so they picked the Jets? Looks like somebody mixed up New York teams again. Oh well....

This will be our ONLY loss to the Jets in 2010.

I may be wrong but hasn't every team to be on that show had a crap year immediatly afterwards? Much like the Madden curse? Here's hoping the curse lives on! :azmang:

Back
Top Bottom