Dolphins notebook: Cornerback Jason Allen isn't happy with special teams' performance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins notebook: Cornerback Jason Allen isn't happy with special teams' performance

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Allen is competing with rookie Nolan Carroll to be the team's third cornerback while Will Allen recovers from a knee arthroscopy, but knows the best way he can get on the field is to excel on special teams.

"That's a good way to earn the coach's trust, by doing your job and knowing your role on special teams," Allen said. "You've just got to take it, and don't look at it as being something negative. Look at it as a positive."
Allen, entering the fifth year of a six-year deal he signed as a rookie, said he isn't too happy with the performance of the special teams through two exhibition games. The Dolphins have allowed a blocked punt in each game.
Allen rated the unit's performance "a five or a six" on a scale of one to 10.

"We're far from our potential," Allen said. "No excuses, we've just got to go out and get the job done."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...nt-happy-with-874915.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

I hope he isn't happy with the way the secondary performed, at times, on Saturday either.

I wouldn't mind seeing J.Allen given a shot at nickel the way He's been playing on SP and the full head of confidence he seems to have at this point......I always been root'in for Him

For the first time in FIVE years, Jason Allen is practicing well. He is one of the best special teams players in the divison and he is even looking good at CB. He has the knack for being around the ball and he definitely isn't scared to lay a hit on somebody. Better late than never, but he might be a nice suprise for us before it's all said and done this year.

Jason Allen is the most physically gifted guy we have in the secondary besides Vontae. That hasn't made him a good corner, but his athleticism has made him exceptionally useful on ST. If they are as bad with him as they are, I shudder to think how bad they could be without him.

Jason Allen should be more disappointed with being a bust...
After being drafted in the 1st round few years back, Allen worried about playing better on special teams is Blasphemy..

Back
Top Bottom