Dolphins OTAs move into Week 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins OTAs move into Week 2

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_10072611.0.jpg

Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/5/...ates-mike-pounce-injury-ryan-tannehill-update

"That said, Jackson is not saying anything that is not true - the Dolphins are deep at receiver and, other than Jarvis Landry, DeVante Carroo, and Kenny Stills, there is no certainty any of the remaining players on the roster will be there when the 53-man roster is created."

LOL...DeVante Carroo. I guess editing is a lost art.

"That said, Jackson is not saying anything that is not true - the Dolphins are deep at receiver and, other than Jarvis Landry, DeVante Carroo, and Kenny Stills, there is no certainty any of the remaining players on the roster will be there when the 53-man roster is created."

LOL...DeVante Carroo. I guess editing is a lost art.

Or we can speculate that it could mean Carroo is a lock too

I actually really appreciated the article, so I can look past the DeVante Caroo lol.

Leonte Caroo has a role. He is almost like a move TE in that he is bigger and more physical than most CB's. When he gets the ball he isn't really quick or fast, but he's tough to bring down. In the slot he'll likely be matched up against smaller CB's who he can out-physical and who will have a lot of trouble tackling him. As a possession receiver out wide, he isn't likely to get deep or command safety help, but he is another sure-handed pass catcher for Tannehill, who is a very precise passer.

Everyone talked about the Anquan Boldin comparison, and it's a good one. But, Caroo is a little more physical, younger, and harder to take down. He does have hands similar to Boldin and doesn't really create separation, again like Boldin. But against zones, if he can find the soft spots, he can really be productive, because the defense gives you separation in those instances. For Caroo to make a splash this year, he will need to take advantage of those situations where the defense allows him separation (like holes in zones), and when Tannehill does target him, Caroo needs to justify it by outphysicalling the DB and making the catch. I'm not writing him off just yet, but the large amount of WR's being brought in (drafting Isaiah Ford, bringing in Owusu and Drew Morgan, etc.) seems to indicate that the front office, coaching staff, and objective observers see a chance to upgrade over Caroo. That needs to be his wake up call.

I'm not writing him off just yet, but the large amount of WR's being brought in (drafting Isaiah Ford, bringing in Owusu and Drew Morgan, etc.) seems to indicate that the front office, coaching staff, and objective observers see a chance to upgrade over Caroo. That needs to be his wake up call.
I still don't think they brought in more receivers than most of the other NFL teams. Most teams go to camp with 10 or 11 receivers on the roster. If Carroo was that much o a concern do you really think Miami would have passed on free agent receivers, not draft one until the 5th round and then rely on four udfa?

I still don't think they brought in more receivers than most of the other NFL teams. Most teams go to camp with 10 or 11 receivers on the roster. If Carroo was that much o a concern do you really think Miami would have passed on free agent receivers, not draft one until the 5th round and then rely on four udfa?

Agreed, thats the way i see it. That carroo article was just stating the obvious...if hes not one of the 5 or 6 best WRs hell be sent packing as he should. Chances are hell be in that group though. Well have the requisite number of camp bodies and competition at every position...doesnt mean the coaches are planning to cut the incumbents.

That said said if he gets cut, so be it. Under no circumstances should the team have any goal to save face on draft picks. Even if they wanted to, no shame in cutting a 3rd rounder because you drafted a better player in a later round...build the best team!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom