Dolphins Own 5th Longest Playoff Win Drought | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Own 5th Longest Playoff Win Drought

Yeah, well 28 teams don't have the Pats in their division every year. How many teams made it to the playoffs just because of winning their division? Playing in the Pats division, that basically eliminates that option and most teams would find it just as difficult as the Phins, Bills and Jets do.
I'll give you the lack of division titles because of the Patriots being in the same division. But lack of playoff berths because of NE is a poor excuse. Especially when Miami has had their share of splits with the Patriots and the Jets and Bills are both nothing special. Miami going 1-5 vs playoff teams not named the Patriots this year has nothing to do with sharing a division with the Patriots. Losing home games to Tampa and Oakland had nothing to do with the Patriots.

Last edited:
The fuggin Jags are now officially less of a laughing stock of a franchise than the suckfins.

Can this organization just embrace how crappy they are? Lose big the next couple year and then give me a roster with some actual talent on it like Jacksonville.

That's the answer this team needs..... Keep losing. Jeez.

Does it really matter? If Miami won 2 playoff games 7 or 8 years ago the fans that are complaining today would still be complaining. Hell if Miami won two playoff games last season and finished 6-10 this season they would still be upset.

Umm what fan wouldn't be upset in this scenario of going from the AFC title game to this crap 6-10 team?

Umm what fan wouldn't be upset in this scenario of going from the AFC title game to this crap 6-10 team?

My point is that fans that are upset were likely going to be upset regardless. The fact that they haven't won a playoff game in forever doesn't really change that. It's not like fans are going to say I was going to be upset, but since Miami won a game in January 2010 I'm ok.

I'll give you the lack of division titles because of the Patriots being in the same division. But lack of playoff berths because of NE is a poor excuse. Especially when Miami has had their share of splits with the Patriots and the Jets and Bills are both nothing special. Miami going 1-5 vs playoff teams not named the Patriots this year has nothing to do with sharing a division with the Patriots. Losing home games to Tampa and Oakland had nothing to do with the Patriots.
Understandable but being in the same division means you have half the options to make the playoffs. Those 28 other teams can win the division or clinch a WC. The Dolphins, Bills and Jets realistically only can look at a WC. And you can put any other team in AFCE and it would be the same for them.

Depressing for those fans that year in and year out expect or think we will have a successful season. I feel for you guys I really do. The 2017 season isn't even over and we've already made two huge coaching moves that makes me feel like another snore of a season at 6-10, 5-12 is inevitable. This franchise is dysfunctional to the tune of the perennial lower quarter of NFL teams. That's just the unfortunate fact of it

Probably why this time of year is so damn depressing as a Fins fan. Just look at like our last 5 Playoff Games. Not just losses but complete embarrassing blowouts.

Depressing for those fans that year in and year out expect or think we will have a successful season. I feel for you guys I really do. The 2017 season isn't even over and we've already made two huge coaching moves that makes me feel like another snore of a season at 6-10, 5-12 is inevitable. This franchise is dysfunctional to the tune of the perennial lower quarter of NFL teams. That's just the unfortunate fact of it
I’ve said this in other threads, I’m not liking where the Dolphins are headed. Probably more of the same....6-8 wins again next year.

The Dolphins have the pats in our division. But we should have men working very hard to beat them. Look how we dominated the pats for a time and the Bills. We had Marino and Shula like the pats have BB and Brady. We just have to find the right combo. Shula said to build your team to win your division. We have not done this for a long time. We won a lot, we're spoiled haha

Fans of this franchise tend to hide behind the undefeated season and general success of the Shula and Marino eras, obfuscating the truly pathetic state of this franchise for the past two decades. We are a laughingstock and embarrassment, and while we like to compare ourselves to perennially great franchises, we don’t belong..

Not I. I wasn’t alive in 1972 and even if I was, that is entirely too long to go between getting to and winning the SB.

What a train wreck.

The question I have is what changed after Shula and to a certain extent JJ? How did we fall so far and so quickly? Was there a philosophical change in thinking towards how the team remained relevant?

first we are a middle of pact team. it still sell ticket. we cannot find our way to next level. bad front office, gm, drafting and know big time qb have killed dolphins. always going cheap route when hiring head coach. rookie coach vs best coach in nfl.. always playing for 2nd, 3rd or last in afc east.

Back
Top Bottom