Dolphins Plan for TJ McDonald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Plan for TJ McDonald

Cautiously optimistic. He can only be a plus. Low risk high reward signing. I'd rather he miss the first 8 games than the last 8 games.

Once you get past the 8 game suspension, this could turn out to be a productive signing. I'd be more worried if it was a failed drug test, as it just seems there are more repeat offenders in that dept. Provided McDonald gets a chauffeur, or even just controls his drinking, we might have an answer at safety.

I watched him his whole career at USC and he packs a wallop! He and Jones would be a hard hitting duo.

Could be a great signing, and hopefully if he plays well, and inside track to resign him. ( but I still want a true, center field type FS)

I believe he can practice with the team all off-season but cannot come around at all when the season starts until after the 8th game. That's when he will have to stay in shape on his own, come back and be ready to go.

It sort of works out well with our schedule as our 8th game at Baltimore is on a Thursday so he should be able to come back the day after, get a long week to prepare (9 days) for Oakland at Miami.

This assuming that Nate Allen leaves him an opening but Nate will be inspired to play his former team.

I really loved this signing. Hopefully, he plays well down the stretch and upgrades that position. Very physical player, which is something the defense definitely needs.

Miami could also have the inside track on signing him long-term next offseason.

I believe he can practice with the team all off-season but cannot come around at all when the season starts until after the 8th game. That's when he will have to stay in shape on his own, come back and be ready to go.

It sort of works out well with our schedule as our 8th game at Baltimore is on a Thursday so he should be able to come back the day after, get a long week to prepare (9 days) for Oakland at Miami.

This assuming that Nate Allen leaves him an opening but Nate will be inspired to play his former team.
Allen has said it himself that competition at the position only makes everyone better. If anything lets hope the Mcdonald signing makes Allen work harder than he ever has

I still want to get a look at the big nickel with 3 safeties & 2 LB.

Reshad Jones, Nate Allen with McDonald as the hybrid LB, Alonso and ??? as the nickel LB's. Seems to be a better look against big TE's with TJ on them instead of Bobby McCain.

I still want to get a look at the big nickel with 3 safeties & 2 LB.

Reshad Jones, Nate Allen with McDonald as the hybrid LB, Alonso and ??? as the nickel LB's. Seems to be a better look against big TE's with TJ on them instead of Bobby McCain.

Ya I couldn't agree more.

He could end up being the best signing of the offseason.

I was a Jabril Peppers guy for the same reason of playing the hybrid Lber position.

Turns out I was totally wrong about that as he's playing offense lol

I know he cant practice with the team or in the facility but can the dolphins have contact with him during his suspension?

Back
Top Bottom