Dolphins players know to keep phones by their beds. ‘Night owl’ Gase will be calling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins players know to keep phones by their beds. ‘Night owl’ Gase will be calling

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins players know to keep phones by their beds. ‘Night owl’ Gase will be calling
Adam_Gase1

If you play for Adam Gase, there aren’t too many rules.

But there are expectations.

One of the biggest: Your phone can buzz at almost any hour of the night.

In a sport that has an almost cultist devotion to getting to the office before 6 a.m., Gase goes against the grain
http://hrld.us/2xyDxjK

Interesting story

Gotta admire and respect Gase's attention to detail and preemptive ability to think things out that directly and indirectly affect the team.

Compare that to neat-freak, tight ass Philbin who couldn't even figure out that it was time to fire his OC.

I'm very happy we got Gase. He may still remind me of Putin a little bit in his face, but this guy has "it" and is the first coach we have had since Shula that gives me faith we can return to dominance.

He seems to be becoming more than that. I haven't felt this optimistic about leadership from the HC in many years.
Yes, I agree. You cannot underestimate the value of the climate he is creating in Miami. I know as a retired military officer that command climate is critical to a cohesive unit and Gase is doing that. His leadership skills appear to be as good as his offensive mind. As a head coach that brings more value to a team then his offensive play calling. Having both is a plus.

He seems to be becoming more than that. I haven't felt this optimistic about leadership from the HC in many years.

I can agree with his excellent leadership of the team as well as his ability to positively communicate yet constructively criticize the players. Certainly a must trait to be a successful head coach. I'm not going to hide (as if I need to at this point) that his lack of attention to defense is troublesome to me though. Until he proves otherwise, I don't have the trust in him that others do.

I can agree with his excellent leadership of the team as well as his ability to positively communicate yet constructively criticize the players. Certainly a must trait to be a successful head coach. I'm not going to hide (as if I need to at this point) that his lack of attention to defense is troublesome to me though. Until he proves otherwise, I don't have the trust in him that others do.

Yeah I agree with your defense comment. I'm hoping he just trusted Joseph too much and will be more active with the defense this year with Burke. Time will tell. This is just conjecture but I think you will see mark improvement in the defense this year. Again time will tell.

But What rookie head coach pays attention to both sides of the ball? Thats a learned trait. Belichek didnt have that with the Browns Im sure

But What rookie head coach pays attention to both sides of the ball? Thats a learned trait. Belichek didnt have that with the Browns Im sure

BB certainly did. He's obviously an exception, but I'm sure there are others I could dig up as well.

My main point is that when Cameron Wake is quoted as saying the defense is treated as the step-child of the team, that does not bode well in my book. It shouldn't make anyone comfortable for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom