Dolphins please re-sign Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolphans1, Dec 16, 2012.

1. dolphans1

dolphans1 Banned Hammered

Dear Stephen Ross, Please re-sign Reggie Bush.....!

d-1

2. SpaceMountain16

SpaceMountain16 Disgruntled Donator

I'd bring him back as long as it was affordable. Which it should be....

3. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Today we saw the best and worst of Reggie, a few great runs but even more 1 yard and negative yard plays that made me swear at my tv. I have no idea what to do about Bush.

4. j0hnny63

j0hnny63 bon jon bovi

Dolphins please play Lamar Miller more.

5. dolphans1

dolphans1 Banned Hammered

But a more diverse offense and consistent offense this guy is solid.

d-1

6. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Unless we are going to use Reggie properly, I don't see the point in keeping him.

7. rrrrphin

rrrrphin Scout Team

one great play...but way too many dancing and trying to bounce it outside plays when he just should have taken the three yards

if affordable, i would resign him because he brings the professionalism to the team that Philbin wants

but i honestly do not think he is a priority

8. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

That's because the OL can't open up a hole on a regular basis...

9. MarSly

MarSly Well-Known Member

They are gonna be forced to resign Reggie.Daniel Thomas is too injury prone..

10. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

reggie is a tough one to decide on bc he tends to dance way to much in the back field with negative results, but also makes big plays. if he comes cheap he will be back

11. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

Bring him back.

12. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

The o-line opened up a hole big enough to drive a truck through at one point- Bush inexplicably didn't see it, and tried bouncing it to the edge. A play where he'd still be running resulted in a 2-yard gain. This happens with Bush a little too much for my liking. It's not always the o-line's fault.

13. MrEd

MrEd Banned Hammered

It is not a difficult decision at all. RE-SIGN REGGIE BUSH AND TRADE DANIEL THOMAS FOR A BAG OF DORITOS AND A 2 LITER SODA. Then you draft a bruiser type to back up Bush and Miller. See how simple that was? :)

14. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

i agree 100%. he misses holes bc he is always wanting to bounce it outside. on that sweep play today if he would have cut up instead of bouncing it he would probly still be running

15. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I want Reggie back too but not as a feature back. Use him more on passing plays and some tosses. Let's see what Miller has to offer these last two games too.

16. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

Do we resign marcus thigpen? Bush can be a return guy to

17. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

I'm not a big "pro-Reggie" guy, so your point is taken. My point is that it doesn't matter who we have at RB with this OL, they don't open holes consitently....the only one on this line right now worth a **** is Pouncey...

Martin and Jerry have been completely unable to open holes on their side...Incognito just sucks....and sucks even more in the zone blocking scheme. We need to change the OL big time. If we don't, expect the same crap next year.

18. uk_dolfan

Do we keep the third best returner in the NFL? Take a guess...

19. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

The Reggie knockers would have eliminated that 53 yard gain today. He never would have been in the game, let alone getting the ball, if they were the deciders.

Imagine their dismay when he burst into the open field, and suddenly their petulant outbursts during the first half were wiped out within seconds.

You've got to love it. Seriously, you've got to love it. That's what happens when you bet against a great talent. Looking stupid is well earned. I'll bet against Daniel Thomas and take my chances.

Sean Payton eliminated the 53 yard runs. He had the same mindset as countless posters on this board. When Reggie started slowly, Reggie didn't get the ball. That was particularly true during the final two seasons in New Orleans, and that's one reason why Reggie averaged a full yard less as a Saint than Dolphin. Of course, Payton was bailed out by the fact he had Drew Brees and many effective skill position options. In our case the Reggie knockers are particularly pathetic because they don't want him to get the ball, while simultaneously denouncing our receivers as the worst in the league, and the quarterback as an inexperienced rookie who can't be expected to carry everything on his own. As I said, you've got to love it. :D

20. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

If it were up to some of the Finheaven faithful, Cam Wake would play RB, Randy Starks would play TE and Reshad Jones would play WR, while MIke Pouncey would play both ways on the OLine and DLine. Everybody else can "walk" like we will magically find thse "better players" to replace them.

Reggie is the biggest offensive talent we have outside of the "potential" of Ryan Tannehill. We would be damn fools to just let him walk.

21. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Yeah, I don't disagree about the o-line at all... My ideal scenario would be to leave Martin at left tackle, kick Jerry to right tackle, and draft a guard or two in the middle or later rounds. I don't know what FA guards may be out there, or even what FA right tackle's if they decide to keep Jerry at guard. I agree that Incognito needs to go, he's not cut out for the zone scheme.

22. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

I would hope we resign thigpen to but hey u never no.

23. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Reggie is the biggest drive killer on the team. The people wanting Reggie on this team really doesn't understand football. One 53 yard run does not make up for 5-7 rushes per game where he doesn't take the yards on the field and ends up with negative plays. Especially with the kind of offense we have now. Every one of the 5-7 negative runs equals a punt. There is no way Philbin is going to allow him back on this team next year. I really think we would be in the playoffs this year if Reggie wasn't on this team.

A big run every two or three games in NO WAY overcomes the 15-20 drives ended over that same time because he is so unwilling to take what is there, always trying to break the big one. I would rather them bring back Pat White than resign Bush. And I am 99.9% convinced Philbin sees the same thing. Wait an see.

24. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

What a crock of ****, last I checked coaches like explosive plays. I'd like to see some evidence any coach would rather have thirty 3.3 yard runs than a few big plays mixed in with minimal gains for the same 100 yards.

The problem with Reggie is not his sporadic yards per play but the fact that he's relatively expensive for a running back and has proven to be a hit away from missing games. A lot of teams in the league would gladly make Reggie their feature back if he would sign with them for free.

OUR problem as an organization is he is our one and only playmaker. I don't know if you can be a contender paying a running back $7 million per year in this day and age but I do know that you won't be a contender with zero playmakers on your team.

25. Fin Harry

Fin Harry Rookie

26. J Tes

J Tes next generation

There was a wasted opportunity in the 2nd quarter where there was a huge hole stairing at him, yet Busg decided to try to get to the edge and lost 4 yards. The commentators even pointed it out

27. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

Not to mention the fact that he's mediocre on his best day.

28. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

MILLER's d*(k. He has shown virtually NOTHING so far.

29. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Agree dude. I don't get all these fans saying "yes, but only for cheap" or "he doesn't do this or that". He's the only dangerous player on offense and this will be back to back 1,000 yd years w 4.5-5.5 yds per carry. I don't care if the average goes up due to occassional long bursts. 3 yds per carry doesn't get it done in todays NFL - its about play makers - and Bush is a proven play maker. Heck, have him rtn punts too like he did so well for NO. Get another back that can compliment him. Throw more to him like NO did. But by all means don't let the guy walk.

30. hoops

hoops exited stage left

what a deceiving stat line bush puts up it seems...one big crater size hole carry that you could run a truck through for 53 yards surrounded by a bunch of east and west when he should be putting his foot in the ground and going north and south...in a zone blocking scheme no less

bush isn't getting it done and that per carry average is tainted by all the negative runs and 2 yard gains etc as a result of too much bouncing things wide in an effort to gain the corner...

i'm over it...give me north and south

31. uk_dolfan

this is such a tough question. production is good but could be so much better.

But I just watched an interview with Reggie and ive made my mind up, the guy is a leader, such a hard worker, such a fantastic example. Guys even if it means overpaying him a bit he needs a new contract he is important to the future of this team on and off the field.

32. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Plus he is a guy that people will pay money to watch, and there is very few of those on this team. If one of the goals is putting butts in the seats . . . you can't get rid of Reggie Bush. Plus like you mentioned, he is an example for your entire team . . . very stand up guy.

33. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I think Daniel Thomas being injury prone has really made resigning Bush more realistic. I also think Martin's play at LT and the impending loss of Jake Long's fat contract help the cause as well.

34. FinHopeful

FinHopeful Starter

Very good comment!!! I agree 100%.

35. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Yes you re sign him. Aside from his tremendous work ethic and leadership ability, he averages 4.5 YPC and is the only Dolphin capable of making a big play the next time he touches the ball. If they sign a WR that can truly threaten a defense, Reggie will produce even more. I think he has proven he can stay healthy and function as an every down back.