Dolphins practice squad signings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins practice squad signings

Knowing the Dolphins, they're probably waiting until every other NFL Team fills their practice squads first.

It doesn't really matter, we can add a player from another teams practice squad to our 53 man roster just as easily as if they were on our own practice squad. Of course there's the benefit of the player learning your system and your coaches being able to monitor improvement.

Last edited:
This is interested to me on a couple of levels - first, we are loaded at WR - the kid must really be confident in himself if he wanted to hang around here, and second, I didn't know you can turn down a claim by another team - is that true?

He wasn't claimed to a team's 53 man roster, just offered a practice job contract by another team. In that case it's like being a free agent the player can say thanks or no thanks.

This is interested to me on a couple of levels - first, we are loaded at WR - the kid must really be confident in himself if he wanted to hang around here, and second, I didn't know you can turn down a claim by another team - is that true?
I think he was offered practice squad by three teams.

That's cool - he handled the punts well in the preseason. Glad he's hanging around.

It doesn't really matter, we can add a player from another teams practice squad to our 53 man roster just as easily as if they were on our own practice squad.
Here's something even more interesting, one of the teams Morgan turned down was the New England Patriots.

fu1zlzhqu_3-jpg.jpg

The NFL allows players to choose which teams practice squad they want to sign with, if they have multiple offers. It mostly comes down to who offered what. But in some cases it's about location and/or coach, F/O familiarity.

Yeah, I just read that the Broncos 3rd string QB, think his name is Stoler or something, had a few offers for PS. He decided to go to Minnesota, who asked him to play for $20,000/week, which is like 3x the normal amount.

I'm taking a guess here but part of the reason why we've only added two guys to our PS is that 3 of the guys we cut were claimed by other teams. Good chance all 3 would have been brought back to our PS if they hadn't been claimed so now we need plan B

Ozzy rules!!

I'm taking a guess here but part of the reason why we've only added two guys to our PS is that 3 of the guys we cut were claimed by other teams. Good chance all 3 would have been brought back to our PS if they hadn't been claimed so now we need plan B

Ozzy rules!!
I agree and am very sad today, because we lost Stringfellow.

That's cool - he handled the punts well in the preseason. Glad he's hanging around.

Bingo - thought he did a good job with punts and was hoping we could find a way to keep him around somehow. If we got hit with injuries I could see him being called up. Maybe that's what sold him on staying here.

He was just drafted in 2016......some people complain that we don't give our players enough time to develop. You want him gone now. Our staff is pretty QB savvy....let's give the kid a chance.

Back
Top Bottom