Dolphins QB of the future should be | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins QB of the future should be

23Ronnie23 said:
... Billy Volek, he looked studly last year when Steve Mcnair was out and hes already in the NFL so we know hes made the transition. I think we should trade for Billy Volek. Im surprised that this name hasnt come up more.

:shakeno: :rofl3: :lol: :eek: :confused:

There is a reason his name hasnt come up

:lol: :rofl3: :eek: :confused: :shakeno:

i'll take volek over 90% of the other names people toss around here. young, jacobs, brock berlin, aaron brooks, kitna, rivers, simms....

paskerbrandon said:
I wouldent complain. We could get Billy for 2 or 3 years, draft a QB next year, let him learn for those 2 or 3 years, and put him in. Sounds like a good idea to me, Volek, Rivers or Brees are all good options.

If you're thinking of keeping a QB for only 2 or 3 years, why wouldn't you just keep Gus? He already has a grasp of the system, and can only get better. Why bring a new guy, have him go through the growing pains, only to replace him when the QB stud is ready? Gus will be adequate to manage our games until his successor is ready.

It wouldn't bother me, but the Titans aren't letting him go w/ McNair's impending retirement.

23Ronnie23 said:
... Billy Volek, he looked studly last year when Steve Mcnair was out and hes already in the NFL so we know hes made the transition. I think we should trade for Billy Volek. Im surprised that this name hasnt come up more.

billy volek is set to replace steve mcnair when he retires at the end of this year or next. he is off the market. why would the titans get rid of their heir apparent

adamprez2003 said:
billy volek is set to replace steve mcnair when he retires at the end of this year or next. he is off the market. why would the titans get rid of their heir apparent
the titans could very easily get the #1 pick this year, forcing a reunion of matt leinart with norm chow

kastofsna120 said:
the titans could very easily get the #1 pick this year, forcing a reunion of matt leinart with norm chow

Good point. I dont think they get the number 1 but that is the only scenario I could see where they might consider it

he is happy with the Titans because he will have the job soon, why would we want a 28 year old QB? we want a future QB not one who will only last 5 years max

the only QBs who might be availabe through trade we should look at are as follows: Philip Rivers, David Garrard (the best choice in my opinion), and Patrick Ramsey (I wouldn't take him but he is an option)

personally I would draft someone, my choices would be: (in no particuar order) Matt Leinart, Drew Staton, Omar Jacobs, Charlie Whitehurst, Vince Young, Brodie Croyle, and Marcus Vick

there's some other draft prospects but those are the well known ones

nick1 said:
the only QBs who might be availabe through trade we should look at are as follows: Philip Rivers, David Garrard (the best choice in my opinion), and Patrick Ramsey (I wouldn't take him but he is an option)

personally I would draft someone, my choices would be: (in no particuar order) Matt Leinart, Drew Staton, Omar Jacobs, Charlie Whitehurst, Vince Young, Brodie Croyle, and Marcus Vick

there's some other draft prospects but those are the well known ones

Rex Grossman might be available if Orton shows promise the rest of the year.

Back
Top Bottom