Dolphins report: Strategy and personnel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins report: Strategy and personnel

dolphindan1970

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
"It is not going to be an overnight process, but the reps and opportunity are going to be there to show how good (Feeley) can be," Dolphins quarterbacks coach Marc Trestman said.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/MIA/7317599 - (havnt saw this anywhere, I thought it was a pretty good take on whats happenning right now between Fiedler and Feeler, as well as a good statement about James. Its short, but hope you enjoy !)

Anyone that expects Feeley to be ready to show how good he is before TC starts in July is expecting too much. He has too little experience and not enuf time in this O. I do think he has enuf experience to be ready for TC and to solidify his position as starter during PS, but not before.

:calm: and patience

I second that...

dolphan39 said:
Anyone that expects Feeley to be ready to show how good he is before TC starts in July is expecting too much. He has too little experience and not enuf time in this O. I do think he has enuf experience to be ready for TC and to solidify his position as starter during PS, but not before.

:calm: and patience

and would like to chime in with a couple very important points. Feeley has more physical skillls then Jay, and when he knows the offensive system (like in Philly) he is very accurate. I expect Jay to perform better right now because he has 4 years in the system compared to Feeley's four months. I suspect Feeley will steadily improve as the camps go along and then when the hitting starts will be able to effectively move the offense at least as good as Jay. Jay will prove to be sharper with some things and appear more efficient, and Feeley will be more consistant and accurate with his passes. If the players respond to Feeley and he can move the offense consistantly, then he may get the nod. If not, it will be Jay. All is not lost though, as it won't be long before Feeley is the starter. Jay usually gets hurt about half-way through the season. :lol:

Steve

I agree, Fieldler has had 4 years, of course he is going to look better now, Feely cant even get out of the 1st camp and already people are giving up on him. Time, he deserves it, Fiedler was given 4 years, and at least a shot this year so Feely should be given Time as well. I love James attitude as well in the article, we need some mean lineman ! Lets rumble O-Line !

the guy needs time thats all it's what mini campa were made for patience people patience

SWS84 said:
and would like to chime in with a couple very important points. Feeley has more physical skillls then Jay, and when he knows the offensive system (like in Philly) he is very accurate. I expect Jay to perform better right now because he has 4 years in the system compared to Feeley's four months. I suspect Feeley will steadily improve as the camps go along and then when the hitting starts will be able to effectively move the offense at least as good as Jay. Jay will prove to be sharper with some things and appear more efficient, and Feeley will be more consistant and accurate with his passes. If the players respond to Feeley and he can move the offense consistantly, then he may get the nod. If not, it will be Jay. All is not lost though, as it won't be long before Feeley is the starter. Jay usually gets hurt about half-way through the season. :lol:

Steve

He has 4 years in miami and 2 in the offensive system.

Oops, thanks for catching that...

juniorseau55 said:
He has 4 years in miami and 2 in the offensive system.

..., and let me make a correction. Jay has four years as a starter and two years in this system. :D Either way, he should perform better than AJ at this point.

:D

Steve

Back
Top Bottom