Dolphins reportedly interested in LB Avery Williamson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins reportedly interested in LB Avery Williamson

Which means James is probably gone or re-signed to a longer deal. Even after cutting Timmons and Thomas the Dolphins wouldn't have enough free cap space to be big players in free agency. Wake and Pouncey could be gone as well.

Is he any good?
Yes. He was used as a MIKE his first two years where he performed well, then the titans moved him to SAM in y3 and his play suffered.... back to MIKE in year 4 and then he was back to his normal self. This is the type of LB you want for the MIKE role. This would be a hell of a signing.

Williamson is apparently very good against the run. He’s either insurance against McMillan not getting back to full speed or a move to SAM for McMillan is in the cards.

I think this would be a decent move. 4/12 is cheap. Maybe like 4/20 or something would be better for him? I know silver mentioned him awhile back. He’s got some size and is athletic enough. Could be a good addition, probably takes LB off the board in round 1 though

so Tennessee is trying to sign a 3 down mike to 4 years and $12 mil?

something just doesn't add up there

and does this dude have plus box instincts and read and diag?

so Tennessee is trying to sign a 3 down mike to 4 years and $12 mil?

something just doesn't add up there

and does this dude have plus box instincts and read and diag?
From what I’ve read, i think he’s more so a better fit at sam?

Decent instincts?

Williamson MacMillan And Quinn is a potentially good young nucleus to build around for our front 7. Imagine if we added a guy like Roquan Smith to the mix. Instant rookie leadership, and an athletic line backing core for once! Would love to switch to a 3-4.

Which means James is probably gone or re-signed to a longer deal. Even after cutting Timmons and Thomas the Dolphins wouldn't have enough free cap space to be big players in free agency. Wake and Pouncey could be gone as well.
we have plenty of money. after the timmons and thomas, and suh we have 30 something mil

No, he did not do as well at SAM as he did at MIKE.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but he was drafted in 2014, the same year the Titans switched to a 3-4 defense, so unless I’m missing something, he never really played a true Mike or Sam position

If we get a LB in free agency, could it be we won't draft one, at least early on?

Ozzy rules!!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but he was drafted in 2014, the same year the Titans switched to a 3-4 defense, so unless I’m missing something, he never really played a true Mike or Sam position
Yeah, he was inside for the most part, but I could have sworn TEN ran a hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom