Dolphins rookies working together in community service already | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins rookies working together in community service already

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;f-DbGT4Xxro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f-DbGT4Xxro[/video]

If the Dolphins’ rookies can move the ball as well as they move a boat, Dennis Hickey picked a darn good draft class.

It took 14 of those first-year players working in concert to get Roger Carter’s old motorboat into a dumpster Wednesday afternoon — an early indication that teamwork won’t be an issue with this group.

“Can’t let it be like the Titanic,” one of those brand new Dolphins quipped.

So far, the sailing has been smooth. Just a few days on the job, these young players have already fulfilled a major occupational requirement: community engagement.

On Wednesday, they were in Fort Lauderdale, beautifying Carter’s home of more than three decades.

Working in conjunction with the nonprofit Rebuilding Together, they pulled weeds, laid mulch, cleared debris and, yes, moved an old sport boat.

“Hallelujah!” shouted Carter, who’s also a minister. “Frankly I want to tell you I’m overwhelmed, overjoyed, because things are good and getting better all the time.”
Carter couldn’t have asked for a better volunteer than first-round pick Ja’Wuan James. At 6-6, James is tall enough to reach the highest spots. And he helped build houses while in college with Habitat for Humanity.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/...ns-rookies-begin-community.html#storylink=cpy

PR attempt to counter all the bad PR of recent. The players showed up. That's the positive to be reported about the players. The initiative is corporate.

PR attempt to counter all the bad PR of recent. The players showed up. That's the positive to be reported about the players. The initiative is corporate.

righhhhhht, oh wait no the dolphins have done countless events like this for years

it was fun until Pouncey came by and made them wash his Bentley

righhhhhht, oh wait no the dolphins have done countless events like this for years

Don't you know that we have just started working with the community? Jason taylor never won the Walter Payton award. Fields isn't looked upon highly for his helpings aroung the community and the dolphins as an orginization have never, ever once gave back to the community.....that is unitl now....

Last edited by a moderator:

They always partake in community service. How can there possibly be anything negative to say about this?

This is pretty smart getting them all involved in a project like this. Some of the rookies won't be around for long but this gives them all a taste of giving back to the community and working as a team.
I'm always interested to see which players are regularly involved in the community projects. Fields, Vernon, Tannehill, Odrick and Carroll were regular participants.

I must say it is a bit contrived, but I think it is an attempt to get in front of a problem. JJ looks like a leader, not an animal like Pouncey and (I forgot his ****ing name thank god). I am a naive moron who thinks perhaps we can set a tone and hopefully make this bigger than the alternative. its worth a try, rather than letting asshole veterans set the tone for "professionalism"

the Bullygate thing is a blessing for the NFL. if a GM drafts a coward and signs a bully and insists on converting the coward into "something"(rather than get a real LT) based on his draft status then we need to say "you lost, you drafted the wrong guy and this isn't Nazi Germany". JJ is a human being, if he doesn't repond to coaching then shame on the GM, get a ****ing short term RT in her and move on.

How is what I said a negative?

The rookies didn't magically get together and decide to do something for the community. They were organized by the teams PR department. That doesn't make it bad. My point is it is a enterprise strategy. These things don't just happen organically.

OK dude. Thumbs me down for being captain obvious but this isn't a gesture of goodwill that organically appeared among rookies.

Like you said it is a something we've done for years. If you think we aren't going to do a lot of this and not ensure it is publicized you are being naive. Job one is create the news not let it happen to you.

For one I'd be bummed if the corporate culture wasn't pushing this type of thing. If they didnt it would show incompetence in the face of the PR nightmare the team has experienced over the last year.

How is what I said a negative?

The rookies didn't magically get together and decide to do something for the community. They were organized by the teams PR department. That doesn't make it bad. My point is it is a enterprise strategy. These things don't just happen organically.
they don't but how many of these guys are signed to contracts genius? they came out to help as Americans. consider it a OTA for winners

Because Finheaven.
Because it's finheaven. No, because it is the truth. What's negative about my post. Touch touch sensitive about your dolphins arent we.

I would love to see a Mike Pouncey community service video(before he got paid), show me THAT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom