Dolphins rookies working together in community service already

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Daytona Fin, May 14, 2014.

1. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

[video=youtube;f-DbGT4Xxro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f-DbGT4Xxro[/video]

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/...ns-rookies-begin-community.html#storylink=cpy

2. GreenMts

GreenMts Seasoned Veteran

PR attempt to counter all the bad PR of recent. The players showed up. That's the positive to be reported about the players. The initiative is corporate.

3. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

righhhhhht, oh wait no the dolphins have done countless events like this for years

4. mahmacoat

mahmacoat Banned Hammered

it was fun until Pouncey came by and made them wash his Bentley

5. dobrasz54

dobrasz54 Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

Don't you know that we have just started working with the community? Jason taylor never won the Walter Payton award. Fields isn't looked upon highly for his helpings aroung the community and the dolphins as an orginization have never, ever once gave back to the community.....that is unitl now....

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  6. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

They always partake in community service. How can there possibly be anything negative to say about this?

7. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

This is pretty smart getting them all involved in a project like this. Some of the rookies won't be around for long but this gives them all a taste of giving back to the community and working as a team.
    I'm always interested to see which players are regularly involved in the community projects. Fields, Vernon, Tannehill, Odrick and Carroll were regular participants.

8. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

Because Finheaven.

9. mahmacoat

I must say it is a bit contrived, but I think it is an attempt to get in front of a problem. JJ looks like a leader, not an animal like Pouncey and (I forgot his ****ing name thank god). I am a naive moron who thinks perhaps we can set a tone and hopefully make this bigger than the alternative. its worth a try, rather than letting ******* veterans set the tone for "professionalism"

10. mahmacoat

the Bullygate thing is a blessing for the NFL. if a GM drafts a coward and signs a bully and insists on converting the coward into "something"(rather than get a real LT) based on his draft status then we need to say "you lost, you drafted the wrong guy and this isn't Nazi Germany". JJ is a human being, if he doesn't repond to coaching then shame on the GM, get a ****ing short term RT in her and move on.

11. GreenMts

How is what I said a negative?

The rookies didn't magically get together and decide to do something for the community. They were organized by the teams PR department. That doesn't make it bad. My point is it is a enterprise strategy. These things don't just happen organically.

12. GreenMts

OK dude. Thumbs me down for being captain obvious but this isn't a gesture of goodwill that organically appeared among rookies.

Like you said it is a something we've done for years. If you think we aren't going to do a lot of this and not ensure it is publicized you are being naive. Job one is create the news not let it happen to you.

For one I'd be bummed if the corporate culture wasn't pushing this type of thing. If they didnt it would show incompetence in the face of the PR nightmare the team has experienced over the last year.

13. mahmacoat

they don't but how many of these guys are signed to contracts genius? they came out to help as Americans. consider it a OTA for winners

14. GreenMts

Because it's finheaven. No, because it is the truth. What's negative about my post. Touch touch sensitive about your dolphins arent we.

15. mahmacoat

I would love to see a Mike Pouncey community service video(before he got paid), show me THAT!!!!

16. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

This needs a thread?

17. GreenMts

Well I guess you enjoy reading pap about the phins. As you suggest they are fulfilling and contract requirement (the article calls it an occupational requirement - that softens it a bit but doesn't escape the reality of it. Do this because you are obligated). How is that newsworthy then? No more newsworthy than fulfilling your blocking assignment.

They came out to help as Americans meeting their contractual requirement. These guys didn't volunteer to go in harms way for Christ's sake.

P.S. Thank you I am a genius.

18. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Some people must have sad sad lives if they need to even ***** about charity work

19. mahmacoat

sadder yet then to lie and pretend that they are under contract