Dolphins roster battles taking shape | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins roster battles taking shape

I thought Trevor Reilly was a udfa rookie? It says veteran. Hmm that could change things.

Not encouraging stuff on Hewitt. Sounds like he's a ways away still.

Believing now that Jesse Davis and steen will be active on game days with young. Steen can be the backup in game pivot.

If we get a pouncey injury I think that's when you'd see the following week brendel inserted as the starting center.

Last 2 dbs id carry would be Aikens for specials and Maurice smith.

P squad both the udfa des malveoux and praise Martin

Jordan Lucas or Lafayette Pitts for the 10th db if we keep that many. Not having to count tj McDonald helps. Special teams deciding factor there.

Think I'm in the keep 5 WRs p squad the rest mode. They don't even have to make a decision on darnay Scott with the pup.

Believing now that Jesse Davis and steen will be active on game days with young. Steen can be the backup in game pivot.

If we get a pouncey injury I think that's when you'd see the following week brendel inserted as the starting center.

So which linemen do you see us keeping? We kept 10 last year.

This looks like the most likely suspects...

LT Tunsil/Young
LG Steen/Davis
C Pouncey/Brendel
RG Bushrod/Asiata
RT James/Smith

Larsen: IR-return

So which linemen do you see us keeping? We kept 10 last year.

This looks like the most likely suspects...

LT Tunsil/Young
LG Steen/Davis
C Pouncey/Brendel
RG Bushrod/Asiata
RT James/Smith

Larsen: IR-return

You have it. With Miami possibly adding urbik back after he's healthy and parting with an underperforming option if we have one. And or someone hitting the road when Larsen returns.

My top candidate being Steen. Although I may be higher on brendels future than the staff is.

That's the 10 I'm expecting to carry on the initial 53.

I thought Trevor Reilly was a udfa rookie? It says veteran. Hmm that could change things.
Trevor Reilly
No. 57 Miami Dolphins
Position:
Outside linebacker
Personal information
Date of birth:
January 17, 1988 (age 29)
Place of birth: Valley Center, California
Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)
Weight: 245 lb (111 kg)
Career information
High school:
Valley Center (CA)
College: Utah
NFL Draft: 2014 / Round: 7 / Pick: 233
Career history
* Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Roster status: Active
Career highlights and awards
  • First-team All-Pac-12 (2013)
  • Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 (2012)
Career NFL statistics as of 2016
Total tackles:
Sacks: 1.0
Interceptions: 0
Forced fumbles: 1
Player stats at NFL.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Reilly

Malveaux is an interesting prospect. He gets pressures and has one of the teams two sacks in the preseason. He's got the size you look for in a DE too at 6'5" 276 lbs. I think if the team intends to stash him on the PS he probably won't play much in the last preseason game.

Malveaux is an interesting prospect. He gets pressures and has one of the teams two sacks in the preseason. He's got the size you look for in a DE too at 6'5" 276 lbs. I think if the team intends to stash him on the PS he probably won't play much in the last preseason game.

Or you trade Fede and then you carry him.

I doubt we keep 10 on the o-line. Last year we had only 8 at times. IMHO Brendel may be the odd man out with Steen being considered a bit better at guard, unless Young is a surprise cut based on his poor preseason performance and the fact that he saves us a little coin on the cap (800k or so).

Whats up with Darr? I thought he was great punter? Haack?

Roll a the Haack kid and save the $150,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Whats up with Darr? I thought he was great punter? Haack?
Darr wasn't so good the 2nd half of last year. He's being out kicked by this Haack fellow so far this pre season. Tonight's game will decide who sticks IMO.

Darr wasn't so good the 2nd half of last year. He's being out kicked by this Haack fellow so far this pre season. Tonight's game will decide who sticks IMO.
It's not even close though. Darr has a 43.2 yard average in the preseason, Haack has a 46.5 yard average. Pretty close there although Haack has had better hang time. The difference is the net yard average. Darr at 36.3 yards net, Haack 43.7 net yard average.

I think it's Haack's job.

Back
Top Bottom