Dolphins’ season could be entering troubled waters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ season could be entering troubled waters

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
To paraphrase an old Simon and Garfunkel song, the Dolphins’ season is in danger of “slip, sliding away.”

Again.
They’re 1-3 through the first quarter of the NFL schedule, which – egads! – marks the ninth consecutive year the Dolphins have failed to post a winning record to this point of the season.
Miami embarks on the second quarter of its season today in Cincinnati, and another loss would accelerate the slip and sliding.
Because as offensive tackle Jake Long said this week: “It can get away from you fast. It seems like we were just in training camp, and now we’ve already played four games. It puts some pressure on us to get a win.”
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ason-could-be-entering-troubled-waters/nSWR6/

Record is secondary. The most important thing this season is how tanny develops. If tanny evolves into a franchise qb I could care less if we go 5-11.

I think our season ended last Sunday personally, but it's possible for them to finish strong enough for a wild card. They certainly have the schedule for it.

I thought slip sliding away was a Paul Simon solo piece? At any rate that's a great song

While i am optimistic about the years to come, these dismal September's have to cease. We need to regain our September dominance. Comeback stories are great but they are few and in between. Playoff teams start strong and that gives them leeway to lose in December. When you begin the season like we usually do there's no room for errors. Until we figure out how to close these games , we will always be playing the what if game.

I know this board wasn't expecting a winning season before the season especially after those 4 meaningless pre season games.

I think our season ended last Sunday personally, but it's possible for them to finish strong enough for a wild card. They certainly have the schedule for it.

I still think the Bengals game is very critical to the season. There is a good chance that if Miami wins that there will be a four way tie in the AFC East at 2-3.

Well lets hope that we will finally play a complete game and put the bengals away for the win.

Stupid thread. Anyone with a brain knows this whole season is gravy for Miami. It's about new coach/staff implementing their program/system and the development of Tannihill. Of course winning would be nice but keep the grand picture in prospective

Stupid thread. Anyone with a brain knows this whole season is gravy for Miami. It's about new coach/staff implementing their program/system and the development of Tannihill. Of course winning would be nice but keep the grand picture in prospective

You do realize it takes a whole team of players to win, ignoring key weak spots that could be addressed is not good for future, a better receiving corp makes Tannehill better

I still think the Bengals game is very critical to the season. There is a good chance that if Miami wins that there will be a four way tie in the AFC East at 2-3.

I agree. And I thought the Cardinals game was very critical as well, only because I thought it told us what kind of team we are right now, either bottom or middle of the pack. Right now we are with the bottom teams.

The Cincy game will be detrimental to our season....if we slip to 1-4 I think our playoff hopes will begin to diminish this early in the season. We just can't afford to lose another game of this caliber to a possible playoff contending AFC team. We are going to need some tiebrakers if we are going to finish strong. Cause it's not how you start, rather how you finish.

Now, do you guys think a 1-4 start would be the beginning of an Ireland firing at the end of the season????

Back
Top Bottom