Dolphins' secondary out to end communication woes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' secondary out to end communication woes

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE — There are times in practice when Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll goes out of his way to speak to fellow secondary member Reshad Jones.

It serves as rehearsal for when the two need to communicate during games. After a miscommunication helped secure last year's 23-13 loss to the Houston Texas, they hope to avoid a repeat by being on the same page. The Dolphins open the season against the Texans on Sunday with Carroll and Jones expected to see significant action.
"For some reason, we just didn't communicate [last year]," Carroll said. "We're on the same page, Reshad and I and [safety Chris Clemons]. We've all been communicating at OTAs. We all know what we're doing a year later."
Read more:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...phins-0905-20120904,0,5614117.story?track=rss

Bring in Demarcus Van Dyke as our 4th guy over Stanford or whoever and I'll be set with that bunch for the time being

I wonder if the conversations go something like - "I can't cover that guy." "Neither can I." "Crap."

Glad they're on the same page, but they've been playing football since they were little kids, and they decide now that part of being a DB is communicating with your unit.. cool

Is Johnson back for the Texans yet? Because if he is I think most of their communication will be about double covering him.

Just another thing I don't like about Reshad's game. He is slow, doesn't communicate well, doesn't tackle well, takes bad angles on runs, but ehh he can catch a ball once in a while... even though he has made less key defensive plays than Chris... I remember when people were blasting me for saying Clemons was by far our best safety. Now it's obvious for everyone.

Sean Smith and Jones on Andre Johnson? You know Andre is licking his chops right now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom