Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

I disagree tape shows mainly QB play.

It doesn’t to me. I see no separation unless it’s a in breaking route and they are working most of those vs zone looks.

He’s just not a go win option any more.

It doesn’t help that with zeke out all those zone read the lb level walks up in breaking routes over the lb level and in front of the safety level seem to be out.

Dallas season ended due to o line attrition and no Sean lee more than anything else.

Although zekes impact is obviously showing up now

42 uncatchable passes smh

The Chargers a team with a great secondary sees what I'm seeing.

Whittens essentially a figure head now almost on Antonio gates level both need to hang em up.

If I’m playing Dallas I’m doubling the slot wr on 3rd and manageable and living with everything else with zeke out. Terrence Williams sees zero help coverage

QB2 needs to be upgraded, for sure. Not sure it has to be in the first two rounds but I'm hoping for something there. I'm not replacing Tannehill yet, torn ACL's aren't as bad as they used to be

Whittens essentially a figure head now almost on Antonio gates level both need to hang em up.

If I’m playing Dallas I’m doubling the slot wr on 3rd and manageable and living with everything else with zeke out. Terrence Williams sees zero help coverage

I agree Whitten is finished and Williams is an average wr at best.

It doesn’t to me. I see no separation unless it’s a in breaking route and they are working most of those vs zone looks.

He’s just not a go win option any more.

It doesn’t help that with zeke out all those zone read the lb level walks up in breaking routes over the lb level and in front of the safety level seem to be out.

Dallas season ended due to o line attrition and no Sean lee more than anything else.

Although zekes impact is obviously showing up now

https://fansided.com/2017/11/30/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-dez-bryant-film/

The Los Angeles Chargers game was the perfect example of the disconnect going on between Prescott and Bryant. The Cowboys don’t do a lot to scheme Bryant open. For the most part, Bryant lines up on the outside every snap and runs the same type of routes. Often, Bryant will get criticized from the national media for not running “good” routes or having a limited route tree, but in his defense, that is just his role in the Cowboys’ offense.

Teams and defenders know the routes Bryant is going to run, but it’s up to Prescott and Bryant to execute well enough to beat the coverage. This forces Prescott to be highly accurate and throw with anticipation. Unfortunately, that can be his weakness at times.

I agree, PPL think WRs throw the ball to themselves DVP was averaging almost 70 yards a game with a bum qb in Cutler. Don't forget how Brock made Deandre Hopkins irrelevant last year in Houston.

It’s amazing to me how much Hopkins is allowed to get away with at the top of routes.

But boy is he polished.

He stacks you he widens out immediately to maintain space from help defeats leverage on repeat at the top of routes or off the los

We are getting off topic here but I will just leave it with this . Dez is wearing coverage like drapes outside the #s this year especially on anything staying outside the #s.

It’s amazing to me how much Hopkins is allowed to get away with at the top of routes.

But boy is he polished.

He stacks you he widens out immediately to maintain space from help defeats leverage on repeat at the top of routes or off the los

By far the most physical wr in the league, its not even close. Even his mentor Andre Johnson was never that physical at the top of routes.

QB2 needs to be upgraded, for sure. Not sure it has to be in the first two rounds but I'm hoping for something there. I'm not replacing Tannehill yet, torn ACL's aren't as bad as they used to be

As for Moore, I'll take a QB equal to Moore (won't be TOO difficult, if he can read coverages) who will play for less than $5mm

We are getting off topic here but I will just leave it with this . Dez is wearing coverage like drapes outside the #s this year especially on anything staying outside the #s.

one more thing, Daks inaccuracy on throwing back shoulder throws.

Take this throw for example. On the surface, this looks like “another” play in which Bryant doesn’t create enough separation and that’s the reason why the pass fails. But the truth of the matter is that Bryant ran this route exactly the way he was supposed to.

The throw needs to be low and to the sideline. This is your typical “back-shoulder” throw that Bryant has made a career off of. But instead, Prescott thew this ball high and to the inside and the defender was able to make a play on the ball. Bryant nearly hauls down the pass, but ultimately, it falls incomplete. A big play wasted because the ball wasn’t thrown accurately.

one would consider these passes “50/50” balls and I always disagreed with that assumption. 50/50 means that the receiver and defender each will have the same chance to catch a pass. However, back-shoulder fades aren’t 50/50 passes. They are actually one of the safer passes if thrown correctly. If a quarterback can put the ball on the outside shoulder of the receiver while in man coverage, there shouldn’t be any way that the defender can make a play on the ball.

But with Prescott, he hasn’t developed that accuracy yet. His back-shoulder fades are more like 50/50 balls in the sense that defenders usually do have the opportunity to make a play on the ball. On the play below, the pass was completed to Bryant, but once again, the ball was thrown too far inside and it forced Bryant to make a contested catch. That shouldn’t have to happen on a back-shoulder fade.

If he goes off first at qb he will be the first qb in tbe history of the draft to my knowledge at least that has done so 6 foot 1 or less.

Measurables matter at qb when it comes to draft slot value.

Michael Vick was 6'0 I believe.

Lol I'm biased to backs that compare to AP,Ajayi and Marshawn Lynch so I want Guice, but considering Gase's offense Barkley might be the better fit.

I’m right there with you on that. Especially if you are gonna run a primary 11 based personnel o and tbe tight end or one of the wr cant block to save his life.

Not to mention you gonna run it with a soft oline and make no mistake about it miami fields a soft oline.

Last edited:

Bryant’s game is predicated off of him being able to win on three routes; slants, digs, and back-shoulder fades. Bryant is still winning on the first two, but their lack of success from the latter is hurting the offense. For what used to be the most unstoppable play in the NFL for the Cowboys has now become a problem.

Sorry for the rant to all forum members who could care less about the cowboys, I'm sympathetic to Bryant because of Parkers situation and how QB play effects the WR.

Last edited:
I’m right there with you on that. Especially if you are gonna run a primary 11 based personnel o and tbe tight end or one of the wr can block to save his life.

Not to mention you gonna run it with a soft oline and make no mistake about it miami fields a soft oline.

^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom