Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

If he can come back, he has at least 4-5 years career left...you are willing to draft in the 1st round a QB to back him up for 4 year?

assuming a Rosen or Mayfield or even Jackson would sit for 4 years here is silly, Tannehill's deal is up in 3 years but if we went this route the writing would immediately be on the wall for Tannehill, he'd likely be traded sooner rather than later, the cap savings alone would be tempting enough, not to mention the potential compensation from the trade....Tannehill at that point would only remain here to bridge the gap.

30 is not still pretty young.

Agree. 30 with a lot of miles (hits) on him. I think Tannehill comes back, but he's no longer the iron man he was. I'm a big USC fan and love Darnold and like the way he got rolling after a tough start this yr. I'd be be happy as hell if we somehow got him, but I bet he comes back for his Junior year.

I think we have too many holes and question marks to do this in one year. I say draft a QB this year and next year and get the depth and quality that we need. To spend two high draft picks on one position when you could address another position of need.

I think they meant one QB in round 1 or 2, not back to back QB picks. I agree.

I’d bet anyone here that it will be 2019 at earliest before Miami uses a 1st round pick on a qb

Good thing the dumb fans that think a shinny new QB will fix everything don't run the team...you think it's bad now? lol

I see references to what kc did with Alex Smith. The difference there is a 34 year old qb. Tanny will be 30 in 2018 that’s essentially the difference in a full rookie contract at qb even with a 1st round pick.

They will have to get a bad medical outlook to pull the trigger on a qb in round 1 in 2018.

Medicals probably your only chance unless Miami does the massively idiotic and fires gase

That would be on the same level of giving up on tannehill this offseason when we could easily walk away due to medical if need be after 2018

You don’t want tanny your plan a qb in 2018 you better pray for a bad medical outlook pre draft

Me I count the days til he comes back. And hope like heck we’ve paid the football gods for all the contact he took his first 5 years in full

To the person who said 30 was old for a QB...it's been statistically proven that a quarterback's prime is several years into his 30s. So saying that Tannehill is "getting up there" is false, because he realistically has at least 5-6 more seasons to play, probably more.

Assuming medical isn’t a problem which no one can ever guarantee per the nature of the sport tannehill given he’s a pocket progression qb could play til the age of say 38.

8 more years essentially two contracts.

This year was a set back no doubt but it’s the same boat Andrew lucks in

And I’m just reading the tea leaves when I say odds are nil they draft a first round qb.

If I finished top 5 I’d take josh Rosen who fits the o very well and hedge my bets. But I also know what a top 5 pick or first round pick at qb means period and it’s media and unnecessary pressure on the incumbent and tanny hasn’t earned that to date with his play.

After someone drops $200 mil in Kirk Cousins lap teams will get a reality check on qb contracts and tannys $18 mil will look like a bargain.

And torn acl surgeries and recoveries are pretty common in nfl circles. Especially considering this qb is under the age of 30

To the person who said 30 was old for a QB...it's been statistically proven that a quarterback's prime is several years into his 30s. So saying that Tannehill is "getting up there" is false, because he realistically has at least 5-6 more seasons to play, probably more.
He’ll be 30 having only played 4 full seasons. That doesn’t seem right.

Tannehill will return next year but he'll soon be injured again playing behind our God awful o-line.

Tanny played behind a crap o line for 4 years and took way more contact than these two scrubs we run out there this year and it took a guy rolling up his lead leg to put him out. Which could happen to anyone.

I just hope that post surgery the lead leg brace isn’t out the window.

Wear that thing and help protect your planted lead leg

Back
Top Bottom