Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Should Draft QB in First Two Rds of 2018 Draft

Good thing the dumb fans that think a shinny new QB will fix everything don't run the team...you think it's bad now? lol
No one is saying Draft a QB high to fix everything. Drafting a QB high is insurance in case something happens to Tannehill. It’s so miami doesn’t look like idiots if he goes down and there’s nothing behind him.

No one is saying Draft a QB high to fix everything. Drafting a QB high is insurance in case something happens to Tannehill. It’s so miami doesn’t look like idiots if he goes down and there’s nothing behind him.

I’m totally on board but there’s a huge difference when it comes to qb in terms of qb trust and backing in round 1 and any round after.

I know it sounds crazy but there’s a massive difference between top 10 and round 2 even.

Top 10 you ARE the future regardless. Head coaches especially offensive ones are betting their nfl future on you even. round 2 like an aj macaron for instance you are groomed but not promised anything.

And I’m just reading the tea leaves when I say odds are nil they draft a first round qb.

If I finished top 5 I’d take josh Rosen who fits the o very well and hedge my bets. But I also know what a top 5 pick or first round pick at qb means period and it’s media and unnecessary pressure on the incumbent and tanny hasn’t earned that to date with his play.

After someone drops $200 mil in Kirk Cousins lap teams will get a reality check on qb contracts and tannys $18 mil will look like a bargain.

And torn acl surgeries and recoveries are pretty common in nfl circles. Especially considering this qb is under the age of 30

so by that logic we should be flooded with great offers for him if word gets out we're willing to deal.

One thing Adam Gase should make sure he does is be honest with Ryan.

If he’s thinking about drafting a qb high to hedge his bets and get some upside in the building due to tannys medical and the fact we have no upside tell him.

Don’t blind side him. If he’s thinking about drafting a qb top pick if it comes to him put him on the trade market. It’s hard to find suitors when people fall in love with those damn draft prospects like they are the best thing since sliced bread but assuming medical and his contract which is very manageable by qb terms there will be teams like Denver for instance who don’t want to just start over and are willing to pay draft pick comp for the right.

Assuming his physical isn’t a fail. Which would mean you couldn’t trade him to anyone anyways.

I put the odds of this at nil I think gase is gonna tell tanny the day after the season ends you are my guy in 2018.

But I guess you can never say never

And also remember folks if you do this you are essentially hitting the reset button and waiving the white flag on competing for anything til say 2020.

Especially with the pocket qbs they need time. Maybe you can shock the nfl with the kapernick and rg3 types in a Lamar Jackson or maybe mayfield takes the league by storm but the nfl catches up and if you don’t have pocket progression you damn well better have high level difference makers around it. Be it top shelf d or running game.

I’d much rather have these kids as plan bs than plan as and not forfit my immediate future on projects which is what they are at least in terms of pocket play

I agree about keeping RT next year but if Gase hss lost this team this year as I possibly suspect then next year will be tough sledding. Tading Ajayi this year was just a bad idea, not much hope on this squad since then.

so by that logic we should be flooded with great offers for him if word gets out we're willing to deal.

He’s coming off medical the odds of you getting market value for him are low. A team would buy low

But we seem to sell low a lot.

To me a 2nd round pick for tannehill would be selling low.

And also remember folks if you do this you are essentially hitting the reset button and waiving the white flag on competing for anything til say 2020.

Especially with the pocket qbs they need time. Maybe you can shock the nfl with the kapernick and rg3 types in a Lamar Jackson or maybe mayfield takes the league by storm but the nfl catches up and if you don’t have pocket progression you damn well better have high level difference makers around it. Be it top shelf d or running game.

I’d much rather have these kids as plan bs than plan as and not forfit my immediate future on projects which is what they are at least in terms of pocket play

Why would this be waving a white flag? Isn’t everyone that’s against taking a QB high so sure Tannehill comes back better than ever with no setbacks? If so, why not have a legit backup plan behind Tannehill while he’s doing this? It sounds like some people are nervous of Tannehill actually having a legit QB competition he’d might lose. We all know Gase will ensure Tannehill won’t have to worry about that though.

Why would this be waving a white flag? Isn’t everyone that’s against taking a QB high so sure Tannehill comes back better than ever with no setbacks? If so, why not have a legit backup plan behind Tannehill while he’s doing this? It sounds like some people are nervous of Tannehill actually having a legit QB competition he’d might lose. We all know Gase will ensure Tannehill won’t have to worry about that though.

I meant if you get rid of tannehill for one of these kids this offseason.

Your best bet of competing for anything in 2018 would be one of these zone read pistol types cause their legs take the league by storm. But again the nfl catches up unless you have ways to hide it or they develop from the pocket which is very very rare. Kinda like it caught up with kaepernicks game for instance

And paying cousins $200 mil to run a different offense by far than the one he runs in Washington is clown shoes

I meant if you get rid of tannehill for one of these kids.

Your best bet of competing for anything in 2018 would be one of these zone read pistol types cause their legs take the league by storm. But again the nfl catches up unless you have ways to hide it. Kinda like it caught up with kaepernicks game for instance

This is where the misunderstanding is. No one is saying get rid of Tannehill. I know I’m not. I’d just be more comfortable with a backup plan. Make it a win win situation instead of holding your breath every time Tannehill gets hit next season. All I know is I’m over Matt Moore as a backup.

We definitely need a backup plan with upside

Which is why things are gonna be hard for us.

If you draft one too early you send a bad message to tbe incumbent if you wait too long you likely end up with trash.

It’s gonna be an interesting offseason. More interesting than the season has been. Which can’t end soon enough

We aren’t competing for anything for a few years regardless. This team is awful and needs to be completely rebuilt.

Reactions: <O>
We definitely need a backup plan with upside

Which is why things are gonna be hard for us.

If you draft one too early you send a bad message to tbe incumbent if you wait too long you likely end up with trash.

It’s gonna be an interesting offseason. More interesting than the season has been. Which can’t end soon enough
The QB I am watching that I am high on is Kurt Benkert out of Virginia. I like his deep ball and he is already decent at going through his progressions, a bit slow, but can still do it already. I would think he would be there in the 4th round if we wanted to use the Eagles pick on him. A nice developmental guy and not to early to threaten Ryan but also not so late that he never has a shot to be a starter.

We aren’t competing for anything for a few years regardless. This team is awful and needs to be completely rebuilt.
I strongly disagree with you. Having your starting QB go down takes a huge tole on a team. Look at Indy when manning went down. They went from a playoff team to having the first overall pick in the draft. I think our D will be ok once we get lippet and RM back and maybe add a LB that can cover a damn TE. What we need to do is adres the o-line in FA and I'm all for a top QB in the draft. Keep Tanni and have a great plan b option

Back
Top Bottom