Dolphins show interest in antoine Bethea | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins show interest in antoine Bethea

Let's take this possibility a bit farther. A story surfaced last week that the Cowboys had made an inquiry about Colts restricted free agent safety Antoine Bethea. The same story mentioned that other teams, the Eagles, Redskins, Dolphins and Jets, were also interested in him.
Now, let's assume for the sake of argument that Dallas has watched tape on Bethea and considers him a surer bet than any free safety they could draw at the 27th pick and feels he's worth a move. (I'm writing hypothetically here.) Dallas might want to test the Colts and see if they will negotiate. and take something less than the 1st rounder the tender requires.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/3/11/1367949/jerry-jones-kremlinology-what-will

Seems like Miami is not the only team after Bethea. I wonder if negotiations have continued.

We wouldn't get Bethea because we'd offer him a contract for 5 years and $5 million dollars with a $1 million signing bonus and expect him to sign with us

I guess the Fins making Dansby the richest ILB does not make you happy. Clark is & was not big ****, so hearing them he was given a small contract does not surprise me. Rolle was offered 32 million he accepted 5 million more from the NYG which he will probably have to pay in taxes. Every thread I read you keep making comments of Miami being cheap. They re-sined Pennington, Ferguson & made Dansby the richest ILB in the game today.

Last year they signed Grove, Wilson & re-signed Crowder, Bell & Carey.

That makes sense don't sign the 2 FS that only cost us money. Yet lets go after the guy that cost us picks, not to mention he is still going to want to be paid like Rolle. This FO does not part with high draft picks, if they trade it is usually 4th round picks and below.

We wouldn't get Bethea because we'd offer him a contract for 5 years and $5 million dollars with a $1 million signing bonus and expect him to sign with us

they didn't want to break the bank for a 30yo FS with a serious blood disease and 2 missing organs and now you are pissy all the time

turn the page already

the guy could have 1 leg but as long as he is "the best FS available" then we just have to have him

we got a prize FA in a horrible year for FA, be happy for once

With our luck we'd get Bethea for next year's second, and somehow Berry would fall to us at #12.

I guess the Fins making Dansby the richest ILB does not make you happy. Clark is & was not big ****, so hearing them he was given a small contract does not surprise me. Rolle was offered 32 million he accepted 5 million more from the NYG which he will probably have to pay in taxes. Every thread I read you keep making comments of Miami being cheap. They re-sined Pennington, Ferguson & made Dansby the richest ILB in the game today.

He likes to complain, but we love him anyways . :woot:

Yeah and Wilson was a huge bust as was Ernest Wilford...Carey is average, Grove is injury prone and Crowder blows. So what's your point??

DE76, stop being such a Negative Nancy.

At least your from Wisconsin...... Me too, I can credit you with that.

Yeah and Wilson was a huge bust as was Ernest Wilford...Carey is average, Grove is injury prone and Crowder blows. So what's your point??
The point is your claims of us being cheap are far from the truth. And Carey is one of the best RT in the league actually.

What if the Dolphins swapped firsts and gave them a 3rd?

thats exactly what i thought. that would solve the free safety issue and then we could take demarious thomas, goldan tate or terrance cody or dan williams at 31. that would solve two out of 4 problems. (FS, DT, WR, OLB).

As for Bethea no thanks. He's nothing special in coverage, and really isn't worth the #12 pick. Would rather have Earl Thomas.

We keep hearing that the Bills are hot on Tyler Thigpen. I happen to know that Bill Polian had Donte Whitner rated as one of the very best players in that entire draft. What if we could pry Whitner out of Buffalo using Thigpen, and then turn around and package Whitner and let's say a 2nd round pick for Bethea?

In essence, you'd be getting Bethea for Thigpen and a 2nd.

Ask me, that's a hell of a deal. Bethea is a fantastic safety. People ALWAYS overestimate draft prospects. Antoine Bethea >> Earl Thomas, especially in 2010.

240zktd-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom