Dolphins sigh Aaron Corp, but not Tim Tebow...? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sigh Aaron Corp, but not Tim Tebow...?

Can anyone explain?

Tebow should go to Canada and play for a couple of years. As a guy with no real position in the NFL, his first step is to either become a complete QB or find is role.

Tebow should go to Canada and play for a couple of years. As a guy with no real position in the NFL, his first step is to either become a complete QB or find is role.

The team in Canada that "owns his rights" doesn't want him. I heard about it on NFL radio after he was cut by NYJ. That's why in my long ass post I said his only option is arena. It really is. That or just go away. He made his money and he can make even more doing non football related work. He needs to realize he is not an NFL QB at this time (if ever but I'm being fair and leaving it open) and he is more of a "story" then anything. If he realizes this he can make more money at that than being some teams practice squad arm.

Now I defended Tebow's Christianity in another thread today but I don't want him anywhere near Pouncey's butt. He was a great college QB whose game does not translate at all to the pros. Add in the circus and that is a...Negative Ghost Rider, the Backfield is Full!

Without getting into judging your post, Miami is looking for a QB to fill in during camp. The reason for this is to give the other 3 QB's a break by giving them less throws. The guy you mentioned (I will not utter his name here) doesn't throw well enough. From the coaches point of view they would want someone who throws similarly to the starter. That way the ball the same coming in to the receivers. The guy I can't mention happens to be left-handed. Our 3 quarterbacks are all right-handed.

To start with, Corp can throw a football and hit something. Second, he won't bring all the media BS with him. And that's pretty much all I need from a #4 training camp arm.

Tebow is his own worst enemy. His refusal to be open minded about position, and terrible QB skill set, is what's keeping him off a roster. If he just said "you know, I'll be happy to play any position the team wants" he'd probably get signed in a week.

Tebow sucks... But he did beat us, which kinda sucks ever harder! :ponder:

That being said, we don't need him here. He's nothing but a distraction. He want players here. We want winners here. We don't want Tebow in Miami. We wouldn't even beat Matt Moore for #2!

The team in Canada that "owns his rights" doesn't want him. I heard about it on NFL radio after he was cut by NYJ. That's why in my long ass post I said his only option is arena. It really is. That or just go away. He made his money and he can make even more doing non football related work. He needs to realize he is not an NFL QB at this time (if ever but I'm being fair and leaving it open) and he is more of a "story" then anything. If he realizes this he can make more money at that than being some teams practice squad arm.

Yeah, agreed.

Not fair to bring Tebow in as a camp arm. He would expect to make the team. He would not, but his fan base would demand it. Circus ahoy. Why would we want our WRs to become used to sucky throwing while they could be building timing with people who can throw well?

Tebow demanding to be a quarterback in the NFL is a sin of pride. He needs to humble himself. Now, if he had his agent say he's looking for a job as a special teams player and we'll see where a team can use him after that, he would get a roster spot. Remember Jim "Crash" Jensen?

IX to the NAY, if nothing more than for the inevitable infestation of the itinerant Tebots who'd be here eagerly eyeing every Tannehill miscue as an excuse to argue for a Timmy start. If you remember what I labeled "The 808 Pennyslurpers" who arrived and left with him- these nuisances would prove to be exponentially all the more tedious

To answer your question, Corp was brought in as an extra arm in training camp only. He's not competing for a roster spot, his best bet is to look good enough that somebody offers him a practice squad job. For one Tebow can't be placed on the practice squad and even if he could I doubt he would except that role.

Back
Top Bottom