Dolphins Sign Free Agent Defensive end T.J. Bingham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Sign Free Agent Defensive end T.J. Bingham

He's got good size... for a linebacker. Are the Phins going to convert him?

FlyingElvis said:
He's got good size... for a linebacker. Are the Phins going to convert him?
6'3" 262, is a HUGE linebacker. Not the Phins' style. We like smaller faster LBers.....he does fit the mold of a DE around here....JT, David Bowens, Otis Grigsby are all in that size range.

ckparrothead said:
What ever happened to Lamanzer Williams?

i thought he was released months ago, about bingham i saw him play here in berlin and he had his moments, but i think at this point, its safe to say, another body for TC

ckparrothead said:
What ever happened to Lamanzer Williams?

He was waived March 2. info from a Miami Dolphins press release.

Dolphins Make Roster Moves
March 2, 2004

... In addition, the Dolphins terminated the contracts of seven players and waived four more:

Waived
T Jarvis Borum
LS Jeff Grau
TE Josh Whitman
DE Lamanzer Williams

Lamanzer Williams never recovered from a knee injury sustained in his last NFLE game last season.

Bingham is a diamond in the rough. I advocated his being signed as a priority free agent two years ago. He played for Ouchita State so the competition was low grade but he was a man among boys. Check for tape of his Blue-Gray game action in Christmas of 2001. He had a bunch of sacks and pressures.

He wasn't drafted because he had no technique. He had simply used his speed and strength to overpower folks. Hopefully with two seasons in Europe he has learned to be a more complete pro DE.

This is a quality signing. I am not saying he will be an all-pro or something but he has the tools to be more than simply camp fodder. Coming out of college he had a much higher grade than did Otis Grigsby and he has certainly fit our system. Besides, with his NFLE exemption, he will be around until the last cut and thus get a very good look.

Bingham is a good sign. He produced in NFLE. Hopefully, he can make the transition.

Back
Top Bottom