Dolphins sign UDFA Willie Copeland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign UDFA Willie Copeland

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
According to fflivewire.com, the Dolphins have signed Valdosta State QB Willie Copeland. Don't know much about him other then Valdosta State is a Division II College.

Wonder when the UDFA signings will be made official by the team.

Completed 64% of his passes; threw for 28 TD's and ran for another seven. 6'3", listed at 190 lbs. on the VSU sports page, but the local paper says he has beefed up to 220.

Completed 64% of his passes; threw for 28 TD's and ran for another seven. 6'3", listed at 190 lbs. on the VSU sports page, but the local paper says he has beefed up to 220.

Copeland was measured as being 6'3 1/4" 212 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran a 4.81 in the 40 yard dash. Also he's a left handed QB.

Not a bad pickup I say. Porbably won't make final roster though, unless we cut one of our QB's which isn't happening.

My niece goes to Valdosta and graduates this year...

The won the NCAA- Division II Championship this year in Football, the same as the BCS in Division I...

The kid is a great leader from what I have been told, and he won a few come from behind games this year... Including the last 2 minutes of the Championship game this year...

He is pretty accurate, decent arm strength, but lacks speed, and don't mind getting his nose dirty when he has had to scramble...

My niece called me yesterday morning after the Dolphins called him and offered him the job... he is excited as she is... she wants to meet some of the players...

He is considered one of the top 40 quarterbacks available in this weekend’s NFL Draft. He is a 6-foot-3, 220-pound gunslinger who, just five months ago, led his team to a Division II national championship.

here is a link to the article from the local paper...
http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/sports/local_story_117232117.html

Seems like a down to earth good kid, and I wish him luck...

Not a bad pickup I say. Porbably won't make final roster though, unless we cut one of our QB's which isn't happening.
Defensive tackle Steve Fifita, who spent most of the past two seasons with the Dolphins, and quarterback Matt Baker, who signed as a free agent earlier this spring, were released on Tuesday.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom