Dolphins' Stephen Ross plays down Ryan Tannehill expectations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Stephen Ross plays down Ryan Tannehill expectations

LikeUntoGod

The Oracle
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ehill-expectations?module=HP11_headline_stack

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross played down expectations for instant results from rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill, saying the team won't rush the eighth-overall pick in April's draft, according to The Palm Beach Post.

Tannehill is seen as a boom-or-bust type of prospect with outstanding athleticism but has limited game experience at quarterback, playing the position for less than two seasons at Texas A&M.

Ross did the right thing. The worst thing he could say is that they expect big things out of the gate. Ross understands that rookie quarterbacks have struggles and that it is best to take things slow. No reason to push things for the sake of just getting him on the field. When Tannehill is ready then you put him in, don't just throw him into the fire.

Ross did the right thing. The worst thing he could say is that they expect big things out of the gate. Ross understands that rookie quarterbacks have struggles and that it is best to take things slow. No reason to push things for the sake of just getting him on the field. When Tannehill is ready then you put him in, don't just throw him into the fire.

While I agree with your post, Ross already made a mistake regarding Tennehill. The whole "we wanna retire #17's jersey someday" comment is counterintuitive to trying to temper expectations for the young QB. Granted, Ross was just saying what I'm sure every Dolfan was thinking/hoping.

Tannehill is a bright kid. I'm sure he knows, even if unsaid, there will be huge expectations for him. Lucky for us, he also seems like a born leader and appears to possess the competitive fire to potentially meet those lofty expectations.

While I agree with your post, Ross already made a mistake regarding Tennehill. The whole "we wanna retire #17's jersey someday" comment is counterintuitive to trying to temper expectations for the young QB. Granted, Ross was just saying what I'm sure every Dolfan was thinking/hoping.

Tannehill is a bright kid. I'm sure he knows, even if unsaid, there will be huge expectations for him. Lucky for us, he also seems like a born leader and appears to possess the competitive fire to potentially meet those lofty expectations.

Yes , that was a pretty stupid comment from Ross

Yes , that was a pretty stupid comment from Ross

It was but I'm trying to see this in the best way so I'm hoping/thinking that Ross is learning to become a better and smarter owner. He made a mistake getting too excited and putting too much pressure on Tannehill. Now he is saying the right things.

There is no manual for being a owner of a major sports team.

I'm not sure if Ross should be saying anything at all considering his team has been below average since he became the owner. Furthermore great expectations were set when we drafted RT at 8.

Back
Top Bottom