Dolphins still have playoff pulse with steelers loss | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins still have playoff pulse with steelers loss

Wow jets loose tomorrow and there done? As the night goes on the playoff picture will clear up still a lot of stuff goin on. I think its so cool were still alive.

That is correct. The only way they get in is to go 9-7 and have Colts go 9-7. That is the only they get in.

GO TITANS!!!!

For Miami to make the playoffs:
Jets have to lose 2 of last 3 games (Titans, Chargers or Bills)
AND
Week 16
Miami over Bills
Steelers over Bengals
AND
Week 17
Miami over Patriots
Browns over Steelers
Ravens over Bengals

That is correct. The only way they get in is to go 9-7 and have Colts go 9-7. That is the only they get in.

GO TITANS!!!!

Here's the problem with that though.

Even if the Jets lose tomorrow. They still must either lose in Week 16 or Week 17. It has to do with them beating us in a Divisional Tie-Break (to see who qualifies for the Wildcard tiebreak). We need them to lose to Buffalo, so we are 3-3 in the division and they are 2-4 in the division.

AND
Week 16
Miami over Bills
Steelers over Bengals
AND
Week 17
Miami over Patriots
Browns over Steelers
Ravens over Bengals

Even if the Jets defeat Titans and Chargers-- as long as they lose to Buffalo it's enough for us (as long as CLE > PIT and BAL > CIN)

Even if the Jets defeat Titans and Chargers-- as long as they lose to Buffalo it's enough for us (as long as CLE > PIT and BAL > CIN)

Thanks for the update, I used the CBS Playoff calculator and thought I had covered ever possible scenario.

AND
Week 16
Miami over Bills
Steelers over Bengals
AND
Week 17
Miami over Patriots
Browns over Steelers
Ravens over Bengals

No way, the Browns go into Pittsburgh, and beats the Steelers in week 17. It's not in the Browns DNA. Plus, Pitsburgh owes the Browns, for beating them, a few weeks ago.

ill tell ya what, if we go into week 17 with our name still listed as "in the hut" i will be perfectally happy even if it means we wind up drafting 16. not to mention big ben is my starting fantasy qb, and if he has a crappy game and loses to the browns which leads to us getting in, i can handle losing the paycheck that comes with winning the league. losers whine about doing their best, winners go home and f*** the prom queen....im sure mrs tannehill was a promqueen. we didnt start the season for us not to be in the hunt. our draft picks for both the colts and bears are gonna be less than expected, im all for making our draft pick less than expected. all ya gotta do is squeek in and then who knows. as long as we are in the hunt, then who knows. doubtful.....crazy to think about....but i have a boatload of vacation to burn next year and it wouldnt hurt my feelings to burn a little of it watching a playoff game

Back
Top Bottom