Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts?

you realize that the draft is a crap shoot right? you think we could draft someone better in the 2nd round? I dont think so, just look at our history

It definitely is a crap shoot with Ireland heading the draft. To say the least. I have no confidence in him finding o line talent outside a top 15 pick. I also don't wanna pay 9 million a year for a lt. So it sucks either way

Does Albert even fit into a Zone Blocking Scheme? I'd pass and get Winston cheaper.

Does Albert even fit into a Zone Blocking Scheme? I'd pass and get Winston cheaper.

Yes he does fit, hence why Miami is interested, and thats also why they'd probably be more willing to pay Albert instead of jake Long, also cause Long has been hurt alot

I don't know anything about this guy, but I do NOT want to give up draft picks for an OT!

Keep Martin at LT and sign Eric Wright. Or sign Volmer... Why give up picks for a guy that isn't elite?

I'd much rather trade a 2nd for him, than use a 1st on a OT. When's the last time an offensive lineman won you a game? Tavon Austin or CB please

I think the only WR I would be happy with at 12 would be Patterson. At this point CB is priority #1 since we have 0 starting caliber CBs on our roster.

So you're questioning if Albert fits the scheme, but you want Winston? Didn't they play on the same OL last year?

Brandon Albert is worth any one of the second round picks Miami currently has. He'd fill a need and has above average skills for the LT position. While he's not a Pro bowler, he is still better than Long at point and time in their careers. I wouldn't complain if Miami trades for him and pays him a contract in the $8M-$9M range for 4-5 years. There isn't an OT in the draft after round #1, who could come in immediately start and play at Albert's level.

So you're questioning if Albert fits the scheme, but you want Winston? Didn't they play on the same OL last year?

not sure if chiefs run a zone or not but winston did have a lot of success in the texans zone the previews 5 to 6 seasons

edit: it does look like the cheifs did switch to a zone blocking scheme last year, so albert has played in both schemes

My question is does he fit into our system?

The issue I had with Long is it seemed like he had issues from time to time with what they were asking him to do in Sherman's offense.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

If he is looking for Jake Long type money, why didnt we just pay Jake more and save our draft pick? Makes no sense to me. And if one of the top 3 tackles falls to us at 12, they will likely be better players than Albert and cost MUCH less. But not sure if one of them drops or not.

I would assume because Jake had injury issues the past 2-years. Not sure if this guy has or hasn't.

Branden Albert - T - Chiefs
Citing chatter at the NFL Owners Meetings, ESPN's John Clayton believes the Dolphins could acquire franchise player LT Branden Albert from the Chiefs in exchange for a second-round draft pick.
Albert signed his one-year, $9.828 million tender on Monday and is available for trade. Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland has a need at left tackle and two second-round picks: Nos. 42 and 54. Trading for Albert would likely also require Miami signing him to a long-term extension. The Dolphins have structured their free-agent contracts in a backloaded manner and still have $15 million in cap room.
Related: Dolphins
Source: John Clayton on Twitter Mar 18 - 6:06 PM

Yes, trade away those picks Ireland...don't build through the draft you schmuck!!!

Back
Top Bottom