Dolphins Talking Trade With Several Teams! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking Trade With Several Teams!

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dolphins | Talking trade with several teams

Thu, 27 Apr 2006 05:41:38 -0700

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have held talks with several teams, including the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets, about trading first-round picks in this weekend's NFL Draft. Two NFL sources said the Vikings are looking to move up to select Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler, if he is still on the board when Miami selects at No. 16. Miami does not have a stated need at quarterback, but head coach Nick Saban has not discounted the possibility of taking a quarterback such as Cutler if he slips in the first round. The Jets are included among the teams talking about trading up from their 29th overall selection because they covet a quarterback if they don't land one with their No. 4 overall pick.

yeah good news, i still hope we can get a 1st and 2nd round pick for our #16 pick and still can get manny lawson, kamerion wimbley or thomas howard in the late 1st round...

newlownorder said:
Great news for us, I really hope we trade down.

Nice mock in your sig. I would rather grab Ernie Sims in the 1st, and definately take Maxey in the 4th.

If Nick trades with the Jets, it better be a deal we clearly get the better end of. You don't trade with the enemy lightly.

Dolfan11 said:
Nice mock in your sig. I would rather grab Ernie Sims in the 1st, and definately take Maxey in the 4th.

Thanks man, I really like Sims but after doing my research and watching film I felt that Greenway was the better pick...that and I wouldn't be suprized if Sims was gone by our pick. Love Maxey, I think he's highly underrated and great depth for us. Allen, Daniels, Poole, Maxey, Goodman.

Jimmy James said:
If Nick trades with the Jets, it better be a deal we clearly get the better end of. You don't trade with the enemy lightly.

My thoughts exactly!

if we trade down from to #29 we better get a 2nd, 3rd this year and a 1st next year.

Spray Mucus said:
My thoughts exactly!

if we trade down from to #29 we better get a 2nd, 3rd this year and a 1st next year.

I'd say thats pretty unrealisitic, but I'm all for it! :D

Motion said:
I'd say thats pretty unrealisitic, but I'm all for it! :D

exactly, the Jets can go "F" themseleves if they want to move up to our slot to take a QB.

I would much rather give Cutler to the Vikes than the Jets.

on a side note, as far as the draft value sheet, how much value would be in the plus if that was in fact what we got. (Jets trade)

If Cutlers Their why not trade with Minny and then try and move down with Ind/Pitt/Car to add even more picks to give Master Saban more than just a complete draft but around 10 picks in a very deep draft with possible picks for next year

As for trading with the Jets They better give us thier 1 2 3 and next years 1
this trade will have us in perfect position for Brady Quin who Culpep can groom for a year or 2 this trade would set us up for a long time

Back
Top Bottom