Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Nublar7, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...fl-headquarters-about-a-logo-change-for-2013/

The rest of the article says some of the mocks have the Dolphin losing his facial expression and might resemble the old Dolphin Stadium logo. Also, the helmet on the Dolphin might be removed.

2. Nublar7

Basically it sounds like it will look something like this with a sun background.

[​IMG]

I have to say if that is the case, not a big fan of the proposed change. Hopefully they have some other mocks.

3. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

I like the helmet on the Dolphin:hsmash:

4. Nublar7

Personally I would rather just stick with what we have. Though if they wanted to make a drastic change, just go back to the original logo.

5. IHearJimi

IHearJimi Representing the 515

While I could care less about the helmet, I like the facial expression of the dolphin. I'm tired o f the whole sleek look.teams logos need the have personality. Maybe I'm also bitter b/c I have the current one tattooed on my back.

6. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

I always thought the helmet on the Dolphin looked a little ridiculous. Interesting that the NFL wants to be part of designing the new logo. I figured the team would just submit the logo for approval. Maybe commissioner Goodell's secret fantasy is to become a fashion designer.

7. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

same here.

8. jarod

jarod Rookie

This logo is very simple, clean, and neat. I would not be opposed to something like this. If anything putting the sun on the logo could ruin the simplicity; thus not making it as good.

9. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

I can't possibly understand how a team could be considering removing the football helmet while all the concussion talks are going on. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Such a move could be considered an advertisement for young players to play without helmets. Maybe instead of removing the helmet they could add a red jersey and a ref getting ready to throw a flag as others dolphins are swimming close by....:lol:

10. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Every time I think the Fins are starting to figure things out they start to do something stupid.

IF a uniform change is to happen, it should not be something like that on the Stadium wall...it should go back to the 1972 look...Happy Dolphin jumping threw half the Sun...gray face masks...only white pants...lighter aqua. Respect the glory days...

Ross could change the uniforms IF the Fins were winning...not with the abyss they have currently been in.

11. Miamibyrd

Miamibyrd Well-Known Member

We need a tuff look....don't u think. Look at how T.B. changed theirs years ago. No complaints

12. FinsGonnaRock06

FinsGonnaRock06 A True Fan

i am all in for the old school Dolphins look.

13. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

The old logo looked worse then the newer logo. I wish we'd do like Tampa Bay did and change the whole color scheme and the entire logo etc

14. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I like the old school uniforms best as well. I do sometimes wonder if the Dolphins were an expansion team now what the uniform might look like. I doubt they'd have stripes on the helmet as most of the new teams, or teams that have changed uniforms recently, don't have that. Of all the new designs I've seen, I do like the dark blue helmet and think that could work with a light aqua (old school style) shirt, with maybe some dark blue on the shoulders or on the side (white and dark blue maybe). Keep the pants white. That might be cool.

15. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Let's all just calm the **** down.

No matter what the logo is this is still our team.

Personally I like the throwback but realize that this is a new age. If we do some crazy Nike **** I wont be upset. Even that old Dolphins stadium logo isn't all that bad.

We were great when we had the old logo, not so much with the new. I'm okay with a updated logo with the throwback colors or a modernized throwback similar to the Jills.

16. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

I like that logo and would not be opposed to seeing a version of it as a new one on the helmet.

I'm sorry but I've become a believer that this franchise needs to move on from the past. Not forget it, mind you, just move on and look to the future. Going back to an old logo is a bad idea in today's day and age. This franchise needs to start attracting new fans and going back to old logos isn't going to do that.

I appreciate you "old timers" and your nostalgic ways. I'm 36 and I remember Dan and the glory years but I'm ready to move on. This franchise has been in a funk for the past decade (or more) and one of the reasons why is we can't let go of the past. It's time to look to the future.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me: "Change isn't always a bad thing. Change isn't always a bad thing. Change isn't always..."

17. DefensiveEnd76

I get sick of other teams fans saying that the Dolphins have the most sissy looking logo and uniforms in the entire league. We need to make a big change!!!

18. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

I wonder if there is anyway I can submit my design for consideration. *taps chin thoughtfully*

19. Dolphins7273

Dolphins7273 Banned Hammered

The 49ers went with a retro look and now they're winners again. The Giants have won two Super Bowls while going with a look similar to their 60's uniforms. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me...

20. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

The 49ers have a much larger fanbase than ours, as do the Giants. I doubt their logo and uniform changes had anything to do with how much they're winning or their popularity.

21. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

I remeber that logo when it first introduced a couple of years ago and I still feel the same way:puke:

22. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I submitted the logo I am using as my avatar to mike dee via twitter a few months ago and he seemed to like it

23. DisturbedShifty

Well sure. It's comprised of logos that they own the rights to.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

24. state06

state06 A True Fan

you certainly have a talent there

25. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

I'm all for the early 90's Ace Ventura uniforms.

26. Dolphins7273

Dolphins7273 Banned Hammered

We're not arguing popularity. You said it would be a bad idea, when several other teams have done it.

27. CedarPhin

CedarPhin Finheaven Hall of Shame Hammered

Not a chance the Niners have a bigger fanbase than we do. We're a popular team all over the country, the 9ers are a popular team in parts of Northern/Central Cali.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Even the Jets, when they went back to the throwbacks, pulled it off pretty successfully. They went from ****ty to decent, played for a few AFC Title Games, and went in a better direction than where they'd been heading.

28. state06

state06 A True Fan

i love what the bills did with a modern version of their throwback jerseys. i would hope for something like that in miami

[​IMG] [​IMG]

29. CedarPhin

CedarPhin Finheaven Hall of Shame Hammered

Just bring back the throwbacks and be done with it.

30. Fin Speed

Fin Speed Member

Lets see??? Fanbase just ask the Dolphins who hold more season tickets than than any other state in the nation. Surprise the UK!!! The second state is North Carolina. The Dolphins are loved around the world!!! San Fran and the Giants don't come close. The most popular teams are us, the Cowboys, Steelers and if you can believe it the Raiders. Those teams sell more Jerseys than the rest of the league. That's why it's so sad we can't fill the stadium.
    I blame Ross. You draft a qb with the 8th pick he better start or it was a bad pick plain and simple.

31. DisturbedShifty

Thanks.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

32. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Who the hell cares what other team's fans think about our logo/colors?!?! My grandpa (RIP), a big Dolphins fan, always told me to "be PROUD to wear your team's colors! Don't give a crap what anyone else thinks." Remember, those same orange/aqua clad Phins didn't look so sissy in '72! To this day, I will always remember that and be proud of my team...no matter what they wear.

33. mk613

mk613 Scout Team

I'm just hoping for something better then what the
    Marlins have now. Going from a classy looking logo
    to the crappy M with a "marlin"

Would love to just see a updated retro look like some others have been saying.

34. DefensiveEnd76

Our old logo and uniform looks more wimpy then our current stuff does. I feel they both look lame and we need a serious upgrade.

35. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Did the uniforms look wimpy when Shula was going undefeated? Come on man....

36. Dolphins101

Dolphins101 Starter

Why don't they have duel logo's one on each side so we can have a big pile of poop on one side and then face of Ross on the other.

Leave it and start winning some games.

37. DefensiveEnd76

Uh yeah and that was 40 years ago. How many Superbowls have we won since?

38. MarshallFin1

MarshallFin1 Banned Hammered

this... i dont know about ya'll but i have a feeling we will regret wanting a uni change after seeing what they come up with. I like the fins old classic look or even the current, but if they go with something similar to what seahawks have, we are in trouble.

39. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

So changing colors/logos is gonna make us win MORE Superbowls? :rolleyes2:

40. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Ross is a candidate to screw up everything. Take one look or listen and it's beyond dispute. His comments during the labor dispute were disgraceful. Gator Day was like a parody.

Now that his carpet has been ripped away it's a given he'll find another unnecessary mangling. It reminds me of golf course architects who think they can improve on Donald Ross or A.W. Tillinghast. If you need a waterfall, ask Donald Trump to redesign your course. Fortunately many of the classic venues retain the original blueprints, enabling a restoration.

That's what we need to ensure with Ross. Stash away all the good ideas so we can wade through his reign of terror minus permanent damage.