Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...fl-headquarters-about-a-logo-change-for-2013/

Last month, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross mentioned that he is interested in changing the team’s logo and uniforms, perhaps as soon as the 2013 season.

As it turns out, the Dolphins are already well into discussions with the league about a fresh new look for next season. A source at league headquarters told the Post that the Dolphins and NFL have been trading emails for several weeks, with various mock-ups of a new Dolphins logo being designed and tweaked by the two sides.

Dolphins CEO Mike Dee said Thursday night that “it’s not 100 percent that we’re going to make a change,” but that the team is looking to “freshen up” the logo, which has been in its current form since 1997.

The rest of the article says some of the mocks have the Dolphin losing his facial expression and might resemble the old Dolphin Stadium logo. Also, the helmet on the Dolphin might be removed.

Basically it sounds like it will look something like this with a sun background.

DolphinStadLogo-1.jpg

I have to say if that is the case, not a big fan of the proposed change. Hopefully they have some other mocks.

Personally I would rather just stick with what we have. Though if they wanted to make a drastic change, just go back to the original logo.

While I could care less about the helmet, I like the facial expression of the dolphin. I'm tired o f the whole sleek look.teams logos need the have personality. Maybe I'm also bitter b/c I have the current one tattooed on my back.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...fl-headquarters-about-a-logo-change-for-2013/

The rest of the article says some of the mocks have the Dolphin losing his facial expression and might resemble the old Dolphin Stadium logo. Also, the helmet on the Dolphin might be removed.
I always thought the helmet on the Dolphin looked a little ridiculous. Interesting that the NFL wants to be part of designing the new logo. I figured the team would just submit the logo for approval. Maybe commissioner Goodell's secret fantasy is to become a fashion designer.

Basically it sounds like it will look something like this with a sun background.

DolphinStadLogo-1.jpg

I have to say if that is the case, not a big fan of the proposed change. Hopefully they have some other mocks.
same here.

DolphinStadLogo-1.jpg

This logo is very simple, clean, and neat. I would not be opposed to something like this. If anything putting the sun on the logo could ruin the simplicity; thus not making it as good.

I can't possibly understand how a team could be considering removing the football helmet while all the concussion talks are going on. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Such a move could be considered an advertisement for young players to play without helmets. Maybe instead of removing the helmet they could add a red jersey and a ref getting ready to throw a flag as others dolphins are swimming close by....:lol:

Every time I think the Fins are starting to figure things out they start to do something stupid.

IF a uniform change is to happen, it should not be something like that on the Stadium wall...it should go back to the 1972 look...Happy Dolphin jumping threw half the Sun...gray face masks...only white pants...lighter aqua. Respect the glory days...

Ross could change the uniforms IF the Fins were winning...not with the abyss they have currently been in.

We need a tuff look....don't u think. Look at how T.B. changed theirs years ago. No complaints

The old logo looked worse then the newer logo. I wish we'd do like Tampa Bay did and change the whole color scheme and the entire logo etc

Every time I think the Fins are starting to figure things out they start to do something stupid.

IF a uniform change is to happen, it should not be something like that on the Stadium wall...it should go back to the 1972 look...Happy Dolphin jumping threw half the Sun...gray face masks...only white pants...lighter aqua. Respect the glory days...

Ross could change the uniforms IF the Fins were winning...not with the abyss they have currently been in.
I like the old school uniforms best as well. I do sometimes wonder if the Dolphins were an expansion team now what the uniform might look like. I doubt they'd have stripes on the helmet as most of the new teams, or teams that have changed uniforms recently, don't have that. Of all the new designs I've seen, I do like the dark blue helmet and think that could work with a light aqua (old school style) shirt, with maybe some dark blue on the shoulders or on the side (white and dark blue maybe). Keep the pants white. That might be cool.

Let's all just calm the **** down.

No matter what the logo is this is still our team.

Personally I like the throwback but realize that this is a new age. If we do some crazy Nike **** I wont be upset. Even that old Dolphins stadium logo isn't all that bad.

We were great when we had the old logo, not so much with the new. I'm okay with a updated logo with the throwback colors or a modernized throwback similar to the Jills.

Back
Top Bottom