Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013

I get sick of other teams fans saying that the Dolphins have the most sissy looking logo and uniforms in the entire league. We need to make a big change!!!

Who the hell cares what other team's fans think about our logo/colors?!?! My grandpa (RIP), a big Dolphins fan, always told me to "be PROUD to wear your team's colors! Don't give a crap what anyone else thinks." Remember, those same orange/aqua clad Phins didn't look so sissy in '72! To this day, I will always remember that and be proud of my team...no matter what they wear.

I'm just hoping for something better then what the
Marlins have now. Going from a classy looking logo
to the crappy M with a "marlin"

Would love to just see a updated retro look like some others have been saying.

Our old logo and uniform looks more wimpy then our current stuff does. I feel they both look lame and we need a serious upgrade.

Did the uniforms look wimpy when Shula was going undefeated? Come on man....

Why don't they have duel logo's one on each side so we can have a big pile of poop on one side and then face of Ross on the other.

Leave it and start winning some games.

Personally I would rather just stick with what we have. Though if they wanted to make a drastic change, just go back to the original logo.

this... i dont know about ya'll but i have a feeling we will regret wanting a uni change after seeing what they come up with. I like the fins old classic look or even the current, but if they go with something similar to what seahawks have, we are in trouble.

Ross is a candidate to screw up everything. Take one look or listen and it's beyond dispute. His comments during the labor dispute were disgraceful. Gator Day was like a parody.

Now that his carpet has been ripped away it's a given he'll find another unnecessary mangling. It reminds me of golf course architects who think they can improve on Donald Ross or A.W. Tillinghast. If you need a waterfall, ask Donald Trump to redesign your course. Fortunately many of the classic venues retain the original blueprints, enabling a restoration.

That's what we need to ensure with Ross. Stash away all the good ideas so we can wade through his reign of terror minus permanent damage.

It's very easy to get caught up in logo redesigns as some kind of travesty, but it's subtly happening all the time for many enormously iconic logos. The important thing is to keep the essence of your identity. Some changes may be more hit than miss, but you have to freshen things up. You might prefer the 1971 Starbucks logo to the current one, but you can bet your a** that the new one sells waaaay more coffees.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSdLbWsmKq8EaYXe_r17TjpfD-1.jpg

Even a brand as young, fresh and simple as Google has made changes (and there were a couple of others in between these)
imagesqtbnANd9GcRWTw6FUf4a8zhK5vJG98U_55-1.jpg

The Volkswagen logo couldn't have changed, right? After all, it's just a v on top of a w...
logovwevolution-1.gif

Sometimes it's appropriate to go back to a former look, but I'm not sure the Dolphins logo is ready for that yet. Besides, the old dolphin is a bit messy. The helmet is an issue too.

I will say that the Dolphins brand is one of the most iconic in the NFL, whether you love it or hate it. So there's some work to be done by the design team to keep that continuity while freshening things up. I am NOT on favour of a total change of look, like the Bucs. But I think a change of logo like the Pats (which was a very successful piece of work) is worth considering.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...fl-headquarters-about-a-logo-change-for-2013/

The rest of the article says some of the mocks have the Dolphin losing his facial expression and might resemble the old Dolphin Stadium logo. Also, the helmet on the Dolphin might be removed.

Cue Clownfish in 3, 2, 1......alright! Now we're talking. Woohoo, no more helmet on my dolphin! I have a feeling we are gonna be using more orange and maybe even some gray. Lots of Phins gear on NFLshop.com has orange as the main color and there is even some gray gear. I just got an orange shirt and a gray pair of the Nike Dry-Fit training shorts and they make a sweet combo. Also, got the 24 can cooler and it is mostly orange and gray. C'mon Ross. Pick my logo.

It's very easy to get caught up in logo redesigns as some kind of travesty, but it's subtly happening all the time for many enormously iconic logos. The important thing is to keep the essence of your identity. Some changes may be more hit than miss, but you have to freshen things up. You might prefer the 1971 Starbucks logo to the current one, but you can bet your a** that the new one sells waaaay more coffees.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSdLbWsmKq8EaYXe_r17TjpfD-1.jpg

Even a brand as young, fresh and simple as Google has made changes (and there were a couple of others in between these)
imagesqtbnANd9GcRWTw6FUf4a8zhK5vJG98U_55-1.jpg

The Volkswagen logo couldn't have changed, right? After all, it's just a v on top of a w...
logovwevolution-1.gif

Sometimes it's appropriate to go back to a former look, but I'm not sure the Dolphins logo is ready for that yet. Besides, the old dolphin is a bit messy. The helmet is an issue too.

I will say that the Dolphins brand is one of the most iconic in the NFL, whether you love it or hate it. So there's some work to be done by the design team to keep that continuity while freshening things up. I am NOT on favour of a total change of look, like the Bucs. But I think a change of logo like the Pats (which was a very successful piece of work) is worth considering.

My avatar definitely keeps with the essence of the original logo, while freshening things up a bit. :up:

Though, if I were better at photoshop, I'd change the expression on the dolphin's face also.

I submitted the logo I am using as my avatar to mike dee via twitter a few months ago and he seemed to like it

Let's hope he really likes it. With the sun that logo looks sick.

Back
Top Bottom