Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins talking with NFL about logo change for 2013

You guys have a classic logo, maybe update the colors or go back to the pre JJ color scheme but I think they would be making a mistake altering the logo.

The Dolphins are more popular than the 49ers? That's news to me. I can walk into any sports bar on Sunday around here and would be lucky to see a fellow Fins fan. Again, I think you guys are living in the past as far as our popularity. At one time, yes, we were up there but I don't think it's that way anymore.

Basically it sounds like it will look something like this with a sun background.

DolphinStadLogo-1.jpg

I have to say if that is the case, not a big fan of the proposed change. Hopefully they have some other mocks.

Update (5:44 a.m.): Dee back to say “It is inaccurate that any new prospective logo design resembles the old Dolphin stadium logo.

Update (5:44 a.m.): Dee back to say “It is inaccurate that any new prospective logo design resembles the old Dolphin stadium logo.
That is good news, not real thrilled with the idea of the old Dolphin Stadium logo as the new team logo. Though even after the update Ben Volin insists he has seen the mocks and still claims it is close to being the old stadium logo. Not sure how he has seen these designs, but if he did, lets hope he saw some early alternate designs.

Thankfully!

I have no theoretical problem with changing the logo, although I certainly don't see a need for it. However, I do have a problem with changing the logo and replacing it with something that looks like total crap-- i.e. the stadium logo.

I don't know who made the decision to put the kibosh on this monstrosity, but kudos to them!

That is good news, not real thrilled with the idea of the old Dolphin Stadium logo as the new team logo. Though even after the update Ben Volin insists he has seen the mocks and still claims it is close to being the old stadium logo. Not sure how he has seen these designs, but if he did, lets hope he saw some early alternate designs.

Agreed. The logo needs to have some "life" to it. The Dolphins Stadium logo works for a building because it is a lifeless object. A team of football players are a living breathing entity. So whatever logo they use needs to look like it has some life to it.

Teams that have lettering for logos, like Green Bay and Chicago, works because it is like branding. But even then those logos "speak" to you.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Thankfully!

I have no theoretical problem with changing the logo, although I certainly don't see a need for it. However, I do have a problem with changing the logo and replacing it with something that looks like total crap-- i.e. the stadium logo.

I don't know who made the decision to put the kibosh on this monstrosity, but kudos to them!

I wouldn't be surprised if Dee and the marketing team let rumors like the stadium logo leak just to see the reaction from fans. If it is really positive maybe they pursue that route. Negative backlash and they go with something else. It would be a way to get fan input without actually coming out and asking for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dee and the marketing team let rumors like the stadium logo leak just to see the reaction from fans. If it is really positive maybe they pursue that route. Negative backlash and they go with something else. It would be a way to get fan input without actually coming out and asking for it.

Well if that's the case. Stay away from the stadium logo.

I personally think they need to narrow it down to four or five logos and let the fan base vote on it. Then keep the final result secret until a press conference.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Leave the helmet alone

Helmet is fine ... Change the jersey

The navy blue with orange detailing would be sweet

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Nike does some crazy stuff so I can't wait to see what they bring.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

You know the old schoolers are hating this right now

Keep it traditional but change it up with the uni's and try to keep everyone happy... That's impossible

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

:rolleyes2:

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

:pictures::idk:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

:newera:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

:jetssuck:

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

How about a fan poll when the choices become available

Ur right let the fans vote so the jets fans can try to mess with the votes

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Only PSL holders should get to vote

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

The NFL shop is going to be killin it

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Nice avatar

Back
Top Bottom