Dolphins to decide on Moore & Garrard; Cards a possible candidate to trade for Moore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to decide on Moore & Garrard; Cards a possible candidate to trade for Moore

I... really don't mean to be a jerkoff, but...

... we have playmakers on offense?

His name is Reggie Bush.

I wasn't too excited about our aquisition of Bush as a number 1 back and now I'm flabberghasted that most on here have forgotten the season he had.

Annnnnyyyywwaaayyy, Moore should be starting with Gerrard as the back-up and Tannehill learning, waiting for an actual offense to lead to success. But "we" want it now so trade Moore if you can get even a decent #2 WR for him. Start Tannehill. The vet backs us for a 911.

Trading Moore for anything less than a 2 pick is not worth it at this point and any draft pick for Moore is a waste if Ireland is going to be here next year.

His name is Reggie Bush.

I wasn't too excited about our aquisition of Bush as a number 1 back and now I'm flabberghasted that most on here have forgotten the season he had.

Annnnnyyyywwaaayyy, Moore should be starting with Gerrard as the back-up and Tannehill learning, waiting for an actual offense to lead to success. But "we" want it now so trade Moore if you can get even a decent #2 WR for him. Start Tannehill. The vet backs us for a 911.

Trading Moore for anything less than a 2 pick is not worth it at this point and any draft pick for Moore is a waste if Ireland is going to be here next year.

Why should Moore start he has done nothing to take the position this offseason and preseason. Moore will not fetch a number 2 receiver and his value is no where near a damn second round pick.
From the look of things this offense will be no better with Moore than Tannehill so what is his value as our starter

Pat Devlin should have started against Atlanta. He looked extremely sharp against the Bucs. Worst case- he would have been terrible and the wheels would have fallen off of our Super Bowl caliber wagon of a team. Best case- trade bait.

Why should Moore start he has done nothing to take the position this offseason and preseason. Moore will not fetch a number 2 receiver and his value is no where near a damn second round pick.
From the look of things this offense will be no better with Moore than Tannehill so what is his value as our starter

What did you expect him to do in practic? "Practice Where talking about practice?" We saw lat year that the guy is clearly capable of having success.

You'd rather Garrard start? Me too, after taking in all of the hype from the show. Why not? Wouldn't hurt. Not any of us anyway. But is seems as if it might kill David. The guy tweaked his knee turning to see his children. We'll be lucky to have him survive a sneeze and at this point it's sad to say that we may need him not to in order to at the very least get the only enjoyable entertainment we'll have all season long- Hardknocks.

You want the rookie to start? Okay. That's worked out well lately. No, historically, most guys who are thrown into the fire don't burn. And lets not forget he'll have the support of a very talented offense around him... thrown into the fire is an understatemnet with this squad.

Exactly- Moore won't fetch a 2. So what the hell is the point of trading him for anything less right now? You seen Jonathan Martin block latley? We may need all 4 QBs on the roster to make sure we get through the seaon with a healthy QB at the helm.

They better not waste a roster spot on Devlin. We got our QB of the future and two solid backups. Devlin goes to PS. If he gets picked up, **** it. he's a 3rd stringer at best.
Devlin is going to be a much tougher decision than people think in my opinion. He isn't great or anything like that, but he has shown big improvement this camp and preseason compared to where he was last year as a rookie. In a perfect world you cut him and stick him on the practice squad this season and roll with Tannehill, Moore and Garrard on the 53.

Though looking at 2013 and beyond, besides obviously Tannehill, Devlin is the one quarterback that has potential value for this team. Moore and Garrard are free agents after this season and more likely than not neither one of them will be re-signed. If Moore is still here at the end of the season and he is willing to re-sign as a backup he might be back. But odds are he will want a chance to compete for a starting job and he will go elsewhere. Garrard might not even be here next Saturday, let alone in 2013 and beyond. Devlin is just months older than Tannehill and if he continues to improve he really does have a shot at becoming a #2 in this league down the road. Again, I am not getting caught up in Devlinmania of anything like that, I am just looking at the QB position long term and I think Devlin potentially has a future as a long term backup.

Personally what I would love to see going into 2013 is that Tannehill has established himself as a NFL starting quarterback, Devlin continues to improve to become a #2 and the Dolphins fill the #3 spot with a 5th or 6th round pick next April. #2 for Devlin in 2013 might be jumping the gun, but I think he definitely has shown enough to at least be considered a #3 at this point in time.

I would much rather cut Garrard, sign Tavaras Jackson or an equivalent talent to a one year deal as a back up to Tannehill, then trade Moore. I am thinking Devlin will be the long term back up to Tannehill.

What did you expect him to do in practic? "Practice Where talking about practice?" We saw lat year that the guy is clearly capable of having success.

You'd rather Garrard start? Me too, after taking in all of the hype from the show. Why not? Wouldn't hurt. Not any of us anyway. But is seems as if it might kill David. The guy tweaked his knee turning to see his children. We'll be lucky to have him survive a sneeze and at this point it's sad to say that we may need him not to in order to at the very least get the only enjoyable entertainment we'll have all season long- Hardknocks.

You want the rookie to start? Okay. That's worked out well lately. No, historically, most guys who are thrown into the fire don't burn. And lets not forget he'll have the support of a very talented offense around him... thrown into the fire is an understatemnet with this squad.

Exactly- Moore won't fetch a 2. So what the hell is the point of trading him for anything less right now? You seen Jonathan Martin block latley? We may need all 4 QBs on the roster to make sure we get through the seaon with a healthy QB at the helm.

moore has been up and down his whole career. Yes he played well last year in a completely different offense. Moore has had just as much chance as anybody and they chose Tannehill . At worst tannehill has played the same as Moore so why start a vet that cant outplay a damned rookie

The ideal trade would be Moore for James Jones of the Packers. Packers need a backup to Rodgers & the Dolphins are screaming for WR help.

Please don't trade Moore for draft picks. That idiot Ireland will just draft more garbage.

Because they are sort of into the Marlins mode right now.

Stock up for the future because the present seems pretty bleak regardless.

If we keep Moore, we win a few extra games but still end up with a crap record, out of the playoffs and he's gone next season anyway.

At least a trade means we get something other than a few extra wins that don't mean a damn thing in the end. This isn't a post advocating tanking a season. All I am saying is that keeping Moore at this point is a luxury that would only slightly band-aid this season but you'd end up with the same overall team result. See last season as an example.

Back
Top Bottom