Dolphins to host Marqise Lee tomorrow

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Daytona Fin, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Dolphins to host WR Marqise Lee tomorrow

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/6825/source-dolphins-will-host-wr-marqise-lee

2. phinzfan21

phinzfan21 A True Fan

Good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

If we draft one of these wide receivers in the first few rounds, Miami will have arguably the best set of receivers in the AFC East. You could probably even make that argument now before the draft. Though the injury recoveries of Gibson and Binns is something to keep an eye on.

4. SaskFinFan

SaskFinFan Rookie Finheaven VIP

Daytona Fin...best sig ever...not sure how i feel about the adding of a wide receiver, kicking the wheels is my guess, but more weapons can never hurt. Still think we go defense with our 1st round choice.

5. hoops

hoops exited stage left

would love this at #19 had we done more on the oline in free agency...alas we didn't...either way would love the pick...provided qb has time to find lee in the progression...

6. phinfanNY08

phinfanNY08 Starter

If Lee is drafted, does Gibson get dumped? Does he start PUP? Wallace, Hartline, Gibson/Lee, Binns or Matthews? Someone has to get cut I would think. I also see this as a smoke screen for a team WR needy behind us, Eagles? Patriots?

7. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if lee was drafted the guy who should be impacted the most is brian hartline...you'd see more 2 wr sets with wallace and lee on the field i can tell ya that and in the red zone we'd have a better win option with lee...

of course the staff would have to figure it out though...lee would be probably our #1 wr if you want to call it that even if we are a progression read offense within 2 years max i'd say...

8. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

[video=youtube;UIjzTV0r1po]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=UIjzTV0r1po[/video]

9. LVfinfan19

LVfinfan19 Well-Known Member

He had a ton of hype going into the season but with injury and poor QB play he lost some thunder. He is being a little overlooked i think. It would be a huge impact get if we pick him.

10. RkyDaMan34

RkyDaMan34 Well-Known Member

I would rather go D as well @#19.. Maybe try to steal Huff in the 4th..

11. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i have him as the 2nd rated wr in the class behind watkins to get him at #19 would be quite a pull...if lees healthy and checks out medically he's a top 10 worthy pick imo...i don't care if he runs low 4.5s...had some lower leg issues i think that have effected his play at times

12. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

I was at USC the past 2 years. Lee is really good, but Algholor is going to be even better. Not sure if Lee can get massive separation with his route running. Doesn't use his head at all.

13. MartinTheSNAKE

MartinTheSNAKE Seasoned Veteran Donator

Jordan Matthews is better. Would rather trade down and pick up Matthews in the late first/early second.

I think Lee is going to be very good though. Ive watched both players play a decent amount to have an opinion. I like Matthews a lot @ the pro level.

14. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Lee is not going ahead of Watkins, Evans or Cooks.

15. hoops

hoops exited stage left

mike evans can't i can tell ya that...probably will be the 4th wr off the board in lee between him and cooks as i see it but not on my board he wouldn't be 4th...in our offense i think lee would be able to get enough separation and id coverage well...

16. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Nice highlight reel. Would be an exciting pick for sure.

17. Digital

Digital Starter

Lee is a stud if healthy. He is definitely worthy of the 19th pick, but it would not be a position of need so I'm hoping Lewan or Martin fall to us.

The reality is that this is the best WR draft I've ever seen. There are legitimately 20+ NFL starters in this WR group and I fully expect a 5th through 7th round guy to emerge as one of them. I really like the small school kid Jeff Janis in the late rounds for instance.

While I wouldn't mind Lee at 19, I'd rather get a good WR in the late rounds a there are a LOT of them.

In fact, there are so many good WR's that I wouldn't be surprised if one of the top ones is available at our 2nd rounder. WR, CB, DT ... I'm confident one of the top echelon guys from one of those groups will be available in round 2, and whomever it is, that should be our pick.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

18. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Lee is real nice! Just like that other USC player(Robert Woods) the Bills drafted that's guaranteed to be a problem in the AFC for years to come.

19. NCFINFAN13

NCFINFAN13 The Phinsuckery Continues Donator

Yes please

20. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

They have to be prepared for plan B if all four tackles are gone....BPA could come from any position, WR, TE, DL, LB, CB, S.......SO this makes perfect sense.:hclap:

21. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

I have loved the pick if we hadnt messed up in free agency

22. nyfinzfan

nyfinzfan Seasoned Veteran

23. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ter-goldens-monday-musings.html#storylink=cpy

24. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Zach Martin is not there at 19.

25. Dogbone34

Dogbone34 cowboy surfer

I like Lee, I don't question his toughness, I question his durability. I kind of give him a pass for last season. USC was a mess and he got banged up.

Instead of Lee, I would probably target Jarvis Landry in the 2nd rd. He's stronger, tougher in traffic and can haul it in anywhere.

26. nate5413

nate5413 Rookie

Damn Daytona im starting to give less of a damn about Marquise Lee and the whole damn Dolphins Draft the more im seeing that sig pic. I only care about her happiness. LOL

^^ this couldn't agree more. It's hard to read or pay attention to much else. Can't take my eyes of her lol. If we take a wr at 19 I won't be mad but I think we have more pressing needs. Oline needs to be fixed before anything else

27. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

He's got a case of the Keenan Allen's.

28. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

Wow. I'm in love watching those highlights. He's the epitome of playmaker. Hard to ignore those.

29. RobertHorry

RobertHorry Scout Team

In our offense yea. Mike Evans is massively overrated. I would try to snag Watkins or Cooks. Cooks is going to be a beast. I Lee a lot, don't get me wrong though. Don't like Evans at all.

30. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Kid looks good in the highlights....NOT ONCE did he fall down after the catch. He always seemed to be looking to run/gain extra yards after the catch.

The catch was actually the starting point for him, where as we have a couple of WR's that immediately hit the ground once they catch the rock.

He would be a welcome addition. Being ranked 20th in passing and whatever we were ranked scoring wise leads me to believe that our skill players aren't as good as many on this board make them out to be.

31. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

when this guy had a decent qb he was unstoppable. Could instantly fix our return problems too

32. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Would welcome him with open arms. We need that Roddy White type of player.

33. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Lee was underrated for a while due to too much preoccupation with drops.

I never understand that. If a receiver isn't dangerous enough or instinctive enough, that shows up on every play. But if you bypass a guy due to concern about his hands, you better be damned confident in the guy you end up with instead. After all, when a guy like Lee bursts into the clear, and suddenly he's not on your team only because you hated his hands, you've got to be petrified, and the odds are hardly in your favor. Do you really think he's going to drop that ball? What are the odds on that? The difference in catch percentage between the guy with the fewest drops in the league and the most drops in the league is very low. It's an overstated category.

34. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I can't think of a draft where Miami brought in more of the players I like as good fits for us. Every day another name I would be happy to see crop up in our draft is brought in. I have no idea about how good a talent evaluator Hickey is or whether these visits are genuine, but it's refreshing to be in the lead-up to the draft and not be dreading that we're going to p*** our picks up a tree.

35. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'm not an evans guy either...more finished product already...the top 10 talk is nuts there...he doesn't play anywherre near as fast as his timed speed either...

cooks is nice no doubt about it explosive as heck...i hear the jets at 18 are giving him strong consideration...makes sense to pair him with decker

lees nasty after the catch and in the open field...he's got a nose for the end zone...you can tell though he's not a burner on his tape even...but he plays as fast as he times which a lot of guys dont do...play at least as fast as they time

36. mithga13

mithga13 Well-Known Member

I don't want a WR in the first round unless Evans miraculously falls to us. Oline, Eric Ebron or LB. In that order.

37. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

don't like evans. looks slow to me, can't see him getting very open against man in the nfl....I don't understand why , beyond his physical attributes, he is so highly regarded. I really like lee for our offense, and would be happy if we drafted him. it's all gonna depend on who's still on the board at 19....will be a fun draft day that's for sure.

mosley
    lee
    ebron
    lewan
    martin

really hope it's one of those 5....

38. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

This clip makes me think about Matt Barkley. I had a problem with a couple of things with him as a prospect- a less than elite arm and the hype became at some point that he's a can't miss, elite, top 5 QB who may be better then Andrew Luck, etc. That being said- the guy is a darned good Quarterback. He was a steal in the 4th rd for the Eagles, the Jets screwed up by not drafting him in the 2nd round instead of Geno Smith (and they screwed the pooch the year before by passing on Russell Wilson- for that matter the Jaguars drafted a PUNTER when Wilson was on the board).

With Nick Foles settling in to the starting role it will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with Barkley, similar situation to the Redskins with Kirk Cousins. Barkley can throw the pill, is nimble in the pocket and has imo solid pocket presence and a good football head on his shoulders, good field general. If I needed a QB I'd certainly look at getting him in a trade- while not one of my personal favorites, Barkley is a solid QB.

39. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Lee has fallen more because other WRs have been killing it at their pro days, but it wasn't that long ago Lee in some peoples' eyes was on the same level as Sammy Watkins (I always had Watkins as the number 1 WR though... top 5 WR prospect in the last decade). A healthy Lee is the number 2 WR in the class and in my opinion it's not even close. The thing is, he battled injuries all season and hasn't really impressed THAT much during the workout process. Not that he hasn't been bad, he just hasn't had the momentum others have.

And before anybody says this is insurance for Gibson/Hartline... not really. The WRs we're looking at add something different to our offense (potentially) from what we have. And we have to remember that we do have a new OC so maybe Lazor wants something a bit different in his receivers from Sherman's system.

40. Mr. Day

Mr. Day Starter

Dolphins must draft a receiver somewhere. The receiving corp is a bit overrated in my opinion. Wallace drops a few too many, Hartline is okay, but not great, Gibson is coming off of an injury, Binns is coming off of injury and did not have a chance to show and prove during regular season, and Matthews is on his way. I would add another top notch receiver to the mix in sort of a battle royal. Let the best four or five stick and push each other. In a passing league, Tannehill needs targets. In terms of the line, good picks can be made later on. The Dolphins have the center and left tackle. They just need the right guys for the inside, and that can be found later on in the draft. Playmakers are needed a bit more.