Dolphins to host Marqise Lee tomorrow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to host Marqise Lee tomorrow

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins to host WR Marqise Lee tomorrow

The Miami Dolphins will host former USC receiver Marqise Lee for a pre-draft visit on Tuesday, a source tells ESPN.com.

Lee caught 57 passes for 791 yards and four touchdowns last season at USC. He is the fifth-rated receiver in this year’s draft, according to Scouts Inc. Insider

Miami’s passing game was inconsistent, ranking 20th in the NFL last season. The Dolphins have signed three veteran receivers in free agency -- Damian Williams, Kevin Cone and Michael Rios -- to add competition to the position. Miami making Lee one of its 30 allotted pre-draft visits also indicates the Dolphins could add more competition via the draft.

Lee is a talented receiver who is projected as a mid- or late-first round pick. The Dolphins hold the No. 19 overall pick in the first round.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/6825/source-dolphins-will-host-wr-marqise-lee

If we draft one of these wide receivers in the first few rounds, Miami will have arguably the best set of receivers in the AFC East. You could probably even make that argument now before the draft. Though the injury recoveries of Gibson and Binns is something to keep an eye on.

Daytona Fin...best sig ever...not sure how i feel about the adding of a wide receiver, kicking the wheels is my guess, but more weapons can never hurt. Still think we go defense with our 1st round choice.

would love this at #19 had we done more on the oline in free agency...alas we didn't...either way would love the pick...provided qb has time to find lee in the progression...

If we draft one of these wide receivers in the first few rounds, Miami will have arguably the best set of receivers in the AFC East. You could probably even make that argument now before the draft. Though the injury recoveries of Gibson and Binns is something to keep an eye on.

If Lee is drafted, does Gibson get dumped? Does he start PUP? Wallace, Hartline, Gibson/Lee, Binns or Matthews? Someone has to get cut I would think. I also see this as a smoke screen for a team WR needy behind us, Eagles? Patriots?

if lee was drafted the guy who should be impacted the most is brian hartline...you'd see more 2 wr sets with wallace and lee on the field i can tell ya that and in the red zone we'd have a better win option with lee...

of course the staff would have to figure it out though...lee would be probably our #1 wr if you want to call it that even if we are a progression read offense within 2 years max i'd say...

[video=youtube;UIjzTV0r1po]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=UIjzTV0r1po[/video]

He had a ton of hype going into the season but with injury and poor QB play he lost some thunder. He is being a little overlooked i think. It would be a huge impact get if we pick him.

i have him as the 2nd rated wr in the class behind watkins to get him at #19 would be quite a pull...if lees healthy and checks out medically he's a top 10 worthy pick imo...i don't care if he runs low 4.5s...had some lower leg issues i think that have effected his play at times

I was at USC the past 2 years. Lee is really good, but Algholor is going to be even better. Not sure if Lee can get massive separation with his route running. Doesn't use his head at all.

Jordan Matthews is better. Would rather trade down and pick up Matthews in the late first/early second.

I think Lee is going to be very good though. Ive watched both players play a decent amount to have an opinion. I like Matthews a lot @ the pro level.

Lee is not going ahead of Watkins, Evans or Cooks.

I was at USC the past 2 years. Lee is really good, but Algholor is going to be even better. Not sure if Lee can get massive separation with his route running. Doesn't use his head at all.

mike evans can't i can tell ya that...probably will be the 4th wr off the board in lee between him and cooks as i see it but not on my board he wouldn't be 4th...in our offense i think lee would be able to get enough separation and id coverage well...

Back
Top Bottom