Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Longtime football writer Jason Cole reports that Daryn Colledge will visit with the Dolphins in the near future. Colledge was cut by the Cardinals early in the offseason and has drawn smatterings of interest in the last few months without landing a job.

Colledge’s chances of landing with the Dolphins may be helped by the fact that he played for Miami coach Joe Philbin for five years when Philbin was the offensive line coach and offensive coordinator in Green Bay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/27/report-dolphins-will-meet-with-daryn-colledge/

Last edited by a moderator:
"Colledge’s chances of landing with the Dolphins may be helped by the fact that he played for Miami coach Joe Philbin for five years when Philbin was the offensive line coach and offensive coordinator in Green Bay".
That's the sort of reason why Tony Sparano and Jeff Ireland wanted Marc Colombo to be a Dolphin. Maybe Colledge still has something and can help develop the younger guys.

I like Colledge. He is a decent pass protector and already better than Smith. I bet he outperforms Thomas too. This would be a nice stopgap until Turner is ready to take over and/or we find another OG. Hopefully Smith develops, but this move would buy us time if he doesn't.

I said before that I wanted to pick up a veteran OG. While we passed on the better ones like Beadles or they re-signed with their teams, Colledge seems like one of the better short term fits for us.

Sign him up. Our OL looks bad so far and minus Pouncey we are going to need a veteran IMHO.

I suggested Colledge when he was first released by Arizona a few months ago because he had played in Philbin's system before.

However, the fact that Philbin didn't jump at the chance to get him is not a good sign, especially given that Philbin knows this guy is familiar with the system. If Philbin didn't want him right away it says Philbin didn't think much of him. This is like the QB everyone thought we would sign that played backup at Green Bay.

I love how no one is even bringing up Turner.. Wait till the pads come on and his kid starts smacking our linebackers around

I think Colledge is most likely the best of bad options at this point. He is a scheme fit and would provide veteran leadership at a minimum. His ceiling would most likely be holding a spot for Pouncey.

Back
Top Bottom