Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

It seems like we just traded a 5th round pick for a quicker version of Kelvin Sheppard. My initial reaction is yuck. The guy wasn't even a starter. Here's to hoping that part of his struggles were the result of a crappy Saints defensive staff that can't field a defense no matter who they have thrown out there.

Well, according to Wikipedia he is an American football linebacker for the New Orleans Saints.
Lol, don't know why but I laughed at this.

I'm just excited because this guy's name isn't Mike Hull and actually has elite level talent. He was a beast at Clemson. Let's hope our coaching staff and a change of scenery can fix him. Could be a huge gem.

Last edited:
I liked Anthony when he was at Clemson, but his NFL career hasn't gone well. Here's hoping he's one of those players that looks much better at his second stop than he did at his first.

wow, a 5th for this guys seems very high but then again we used 3 picks for a WR who's never going to play more than 1 or 2 snaps a game as long as everyone is healthy so we have a history of giving away picks as if we were giving away water

Ozzy rules!!

Welcome to Mike's world

That feeling when you loose a 5th rd draft pick for a former player who was scouted by Jeff Ireland.

raw

Everybody assumes this move is a reaction to Timmons....I see it more as a value pickup still trying to replace McMillian as Mauluaga can't get on the field.

I thought this myself. And despite the team's good track record with 5th rounders recently, there have been worse trades. I'll trust Joe Vitt's opinion over most people's on this board.

Right...and we know how successful New Orleans defensive coaching staff has been....so it can't be poor coaching can it?

Can you blame the Green Bay coaching for those 2 ilbs or is it the fact that those 2 guys aren't very good or athletic enough?

I guess you can blame whoever thought it was a good idea to just run with those two.

Furthermore New England just torched the saints lb corp in the passing game and this kid was the 5th option on defense.

I think it's pretty telling but whatever. Conditional 7th ok maybe but 5th rounder for their 5th lb who people only see potential upside in cause of his years in the league it's a steep price. Nothing on tape has validated it.

I'd like to see him in this new environment, Saints notoriously bad on defense who knows if they even care about defense up there. Apparently he's pretty physically talented so if he can tackle and cover I'd like to see him get a go

I think if we're being honest the situation basically went like this. Adam gase calls all his coaches into the room says Mike Hull can be a decent first and second down linebacker but we get killed in the nickel. Who has any ideas of what we could do to get faster and more athletic there.

And Joe vitt stands up and says we had this super athletic kid who can play in the middle probably played out of position last year ton of raw talent need some coaching but he's better than anything we have. And Adam gase being the guy who can just make it work sometimes said Bring It On.

He may not play until the Saints game when he probably has some familiarity with a quarter of the Playbook, I don't think we need them for the Jets week but the familiarity with him leads me to believe that as soon as he's over the ankle thing he's on the field.

Can you blame the Green Bay coaching for those 2 ilbs or is it the fact that those 2 guys aren't very good or athletic enough?

I guess you can blame whoever thought it was a good idea to just run with those two.

Furthermore New England just torched the saints lb corp in the passing game and this kid was the 5th option on defense.

I think it's pretty telling but whatever. Conditional 7th ok maybe but 5th rounder for their 5th lb who people only see potential upside in cause of his years in the league it's a steep price. Nothing on tape has validated it.

He was the last LB on their depth chart because he's been recovering from an ankle injury and didn't play much in preseason not sure if he even played Week 1 or Week 2

Back
Top Bottom