Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

I know most people hate looking at players who failed with the team that drafted them, but sometimes you can get some decent players at a good price this way. I think the odds of a player like Anthony reviving his career with his second team is on par with the odds of a 5th round pick panning out to be a contributor.

Can you blame the Green Bay coaching for those 2 ilbs or is it the fact that those 2 guys aren't very good or athletic enough?

I guess you can blame whoever thought it was a good idea to just run with those two.

Furthermore New England just torched the saints lb corp in the passing game and this kid was the 5th option on defense.

I think it's pretty telling but whatever. Conditional 7th ok maybe but 5th rounder for their 5th lb who people only see potential upside in cause of his years in the league it's a steep price. Nothing on tape has validated it.
Although I'm not nearly as pessimistic as you on Anthony, a 5th is awfully high.

He was the last LB on their depth chart because he's been recovering from an ankle injury and didn't play much in preseason not sure if he even played Week 1 or Week 2

Nope.

Klein who lacks nickel range but starts at mike there anzalone who got torched by the patriots in coverage as the nickel weak teo 2nd team mike might be strong starter and Robertson are all in front of him.

They had no plans of playing him on d he was pulled off the nickel last year I believe the only run he got was spot base strong run.

Robertson showed up anthony goes to bench and rightfully so

Kiko Alonso part 2. High round draft pick, high tackle count rookie season. Injury plagued sophomore slump. Reportedly dumb as bricks.

Here's an analogy:

Hoops:Stephone Anthony
Sons of Shula:Kiko Alonso

Considering what happened in the last 72 hours, coming away with a win on the road and ending up with this guy, I'm satisfied that this team acted decisively.
Timmons isn't going to come to Miami and drop a turd in the living room without consequences.
Welcome to Miami 25y old former 1st round LB. There are two rules here.

Considering what happened in the last 72 hours, coming away with a win on the road and ending up with this guy, I'm satisfied that this team acted decisively.
Timmons isn't going to come to Miami and drop a turd in the living room without consequences.
Welcome to Miami 25y old former 1st round LB. There are two rules here.

Well he's gonna break one of those rules on tape.

Be on time

So everyone is throwing their ideas out there as to what's the best solution for our LB unit.....well here's mine. The best thing that can happen to our LB unit is for our D-line to be great every week!! Having a great pass rush in a consistent basis would do wonders for our LB unit. Simple as that. I have said in the past that when you look back at all the great defense over the years you'll always see they had at least 1 or 2 great LB's. The steel curtain, the ravens, the Giants of the 80's.....the Bears and even the Packers of the 60's.....all those defenses had HOF LB's and yet we have continue to neglect drafting LB's high but we can't draft a LB this week. We have who we have and the best help we can give them is a good pass rush. Rivers had ALL DAY to throw on Sunday. Can't blame the LB's for that. The D-line lack of a pass rush hurt the whole defense. That has to change quick.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom