Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins trade for Saints LB Stephone Anthony

I recall a thread a couple weeks ago ridiculing Tannenbaum (yet again) for cutting Franks and signing Cody Parkey. Only took a week for Parkey to initially show it was a smart move. I don't know much about Anthony but I'll give him a chance in this scheme. He's an upgrade simply because Hull is ass in coverage.

As for Timmons I think this move seals his fate. Don't see the Dolphins giving up a 5th for a temp fill.

My nephew is a Saints fan and he called me a laughed for 2 mintues and just hung up, didnt say another word. Then i get the update on my phone that we traded for him. Super athletic but is practically brain dead when it comes to reading a defense.
Not sure I would have stayed on the phone for 2 minutes of laughing.

5th round picks have been extremely important to this franchise as of late. For a guy who was benched and probably going to be released after the season ... not a fan.

I recall a thread a couple weeks ago ridiculing Tannenbaum (yet again) for cutting Franks and signing Cody Parkey. Only took a week for Parkey to initially show it was a smart move. I don't know much about Anthony but I'll give him a chance in this scheme. He's an upgrade simply because Hull is *** in coverage.

As for Timmons I think this move seals his fate. Don't see the Dolphins giving up a 5th for a temp fill.
This is definitely the same situation. That thread really struck a nerve, eh? :laugh

Reactions: MD
Joe vitt is the former saints lb coach. Coached a unit that was horrid and endorses this to gase.

Probably looking at mauluga in base at mike this kid at strong or maybe Allen and this kid with Kiko at nickel.

They obviously know that mike hull wears a target in the nickel.

Just know lbs without instincts rarely put out game play speed that matches their timed speed.

Joe vitt is the former saints lb coach. Coached a unit that was horrid and endorses this to gase.

Probably looking at mauluga in base at mike this kid at strong or maybe Allen and this kid with Kiko at nickel.

They obviously know that mike hull wears a target in the nickel.

Just know lbs without instincts rarely put out game play speed that matches their timed speed.

Just hope not having to call a defense and having a vet (Alonso/Mauluga) allows him to use more athleticism and play faster. We need speed at LB badly, Hull/Allen/Mauluga are all very slow.

Totally not the Saints LB I was looking for. I was wanting Adam Bighill (who's currently on their PS). Saints fans are happy because not only do they get a 5th, but Bighill gets to move up to the active roster.

Gotta agree with Hoops, Anthony (by all accounts) is a fantastic athlete with no clue what he's doing out there. Add to that his injury woes (in 2016 and this year) and I think this is a huge reach.

It should also be remembered that Joe Vitt (Adam Gase's father in law) was the Assistant Head Coach and Linebacker Coach in New Orleans up until this year. I think that Vitt also did some consulting work for Miami this year after departing the Saints.
We know that Stephone Anthony is physically talented but presumably he also comes here with a nod of approval from Bush and Vitt.

Last edited:
Interesting to note that Frank Bush, our Linebacker Coach (and he's also Assistant Head Coach), was Stephone Anthony's position coach in New Orleans.

Lol I was wondering if there was a more direct connection to the player and boom there it is.

Well then...

I just hope this isn't going to spell the end for Timmons.

I guess my hope is that we can keep things simple enough for Anthony to not look like a total idiot out there

Back
Top Bottom